UMKC's 2019 Roo Royalty Candidate: Trae Tucker

Name: Trae Tucker

Major: Bachelor of Business Administration -Management & Interpersonal and Public Communications

Year: Junior

Organization: Sigma Alpha Epsilon [I would like to note that even though SAE is the initial organization I am representing, I am also representing the LGBT Affairs Council (and all LGBT organizations), Residential Life, and Business School Ambassadors given that I am apart of these organizations as well.]

Favorite thing about UMKC: The people I have met and the experiences that UMKC has provided for me. Everything from going to the Midwest Bisexual Lesbian Gay Transgender Asexual College Conference all the way to joining Sigma Alpha Epsilon and making friendships that will last a lifetime!

Best Part of Courtwarming so far: Hands down the best part about Courtwarming is the connections that I have made with the other candidates. We have become very close and each and every one of them are great people and such great representatives of their organizations.

Why should people vote for you?: I am worthy of this award because I am a great representative for Roo Royalty. I understand what it takes, and what attributes to have in order to be a representative of Roo Royalty. You see, a leader is someone who has grit, determination and can inspire others. Grit is a marathon, not a sprint. You need someone that is going to put in work day in and day out to uphold and represent what this award is all about. It is this type of mindset that I will have when representing Roo Royalty. Determination, in my eyes, is putting purpose to a problem and executing a process in order to achieve your goals. Therefore, striving to uphold and perform morals that are positive is something that is really important to me. Finally, inspiring others through action is my way of leading by example. I Hope that others will one day have the courage to reach their goals like I do.