This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montana chapter.
Age: 19

Major: social work/ Spanish

Year in School: 2nd

Hometown: Northwood, North Dakota

Why Missoula: I came to Missoula because it was an unknown to me. I’d never been here before and it was in the mountains away from a lot of big cities. The campus is beautiful and the university is awesome. It’s not just the University and location that make me stay though. The people here are magnificent. There are so many people from all over the country and other countries. It’s amazing some of the stories you hear and the things you see while on campus. I couldn’t imagine being anywhere else.

Interesting fact most people don’t know about you: I’d rather it be -25* than 90* outside.

One goal you’d like to accomplish before graduating: study abroad and get really good at skiing.

Guilty pleasure: listening to Good Charlotte

What does Veterans day mean to you: Veteran’s Day is a day to thank those serving our country past and present. It’s also a day to remember and honor those who never returned or have passed on since their service.
I am majoring in Native American Studies with a minor in English. I hope to return to reservations in Washington and Montana to improve education and give the desire to strive for a better life. I enjoy writing (Fiction), reading, hiking, and the ocassional couple hours of Pinterest! :)
Alyse is a senior at the University of Montana with a journalism major. She was born and raised in the small town of Dillon, Montana. When not busy with school, Alyse likes to enjoy the beautiful mountains of Montana. In addition to volunteering with Her Campus, Alyse also volunteers at the YWCA by leading support groups for domestic violence and sexual assualt survivors. After graduation, Alyse wants to explore the field of journalism in a warm and sunny climate.