This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

It’s officially spooky season now that October has commenced, and for the next two months, it’s up to you to take full advantage of everything that the season has to offer. So here’s a fool-proof list of everything you should do if you’re looking to make the most of your fall.

Go to a pumpkin patch.

Even if you don’t plan on buying any, pumpkin patches can make for a great photoshoot. So throw on your cutest fall fit, and make a trip down to one near you for a super fun photo session. Your Instagram will thank you.

Try out a haunted corn maze.

Sure, corn mazes are fun in the daytime, but it’s a completely different experience at night. You’ll have a blast navigating through the haunted maze as you simultaneously dodge all sorts of monsters lurking in the shadows of the corn husks.

Have a Netflix scary movie night.

Grab some besties or your boo and stay in one night for a scary movie marathon. Netflix has tons of horror movies including Insidious, The Conjuring, Scream, or The Sixth Sense. But if super scary movies aren’t really your thing, you could try Goosebumps, Casper or Coraline.

Make a list of everything you’re thankful for.

You don’t have to wait until Thanksgiving to really think about everything you appreciate. Take some time to sit down and write out a list of all of the things you’re grateful for. There’s probably a lot more than you think!

Make Caramel or Candy Apples.

They’re delicious and surprisingly easy to make, plus a perfect treat to give out to your friends as a spooky season snack. Pick up some apples, wooden dowels, caramel, and fun toppings, and enjoy an afternoon in where you can let your creativity flow

Go thrift shopping for fall clothes

Thrift stores are a great place to find cute and cozy sweaters and sweatshirts for the chillier season to come. Grab a friend and spend a few hours searching for that perfect fall fit you’ve been dreaming of, and at a fraction of the original price!

Surprise your hall-mates with a boo bag

If you’ve never heard of booing, it’s basically where you make a Halloween goodie bag and leave it on your neighbors’ door with the hope that they pass it on and make a bag for another neighbor. And spoiler alert, it’s super fun when you live in a dorm. If you’re not sure how to make one, search “How to boo your neighbors” for information and instructions.

Visit a Farmer’s Market.

Fall is the perfect time to check out your local farmer’s market and see what’s for sale. You never know what you’ll find, whether it be a great new soap, delicious fresh fruit, homemade apple butter, or a bouquet of flowers for someone special!

Try your hand at knitting.

Why not get into the fall spirit by taking the time to learn how to knit. With a few YouTube tutorials and some yarn, you’ll be able to make a cute scarf or beanie for the chillier months in no time. And if not, you’ll have a homemade yarn ball for your cat (or a friend’s).

Make your own Halloween costume.

Whether you think you’ll be going out or staying in this Halloween, it’s still super fun to take the time to create something super cute (or super clever) to wear on the 31st. With so many new trends and viral content on the Internet, take some time and be creative with a fun costume this year! Even if you’re just gonna wear it for the pics.

So go make it happen! Grab your friend, your boo, or your cute self and go have the fall season of your wildest Pinterest dreams. And of course, don’t forget to bring along your favorite fall drink!

Hannah is currently a Fisheries & Wildlife major pursuing a certificate in Environmental Education. When she's not writing for Her Campus, she can usually be found watching TikToks or looking at animals somewhere.