Getting Back in the Groove Post-SB11

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

In a spring semester that is always seemingly void of three-day weekends or weeks without tests, spring break is the one thing we have to get excited about as we brave the cold and trudge unwillingly to class. It’s the small glimmer of hope (and sunlight) in the mass of January and February gray, and we all cling to it like hungry puppies.       

And once it’s over, we check out. The weeks after spring break are the most difficult weeks in a college student’s career. We’ve gotten a preview of summer sun and carelessness, and we try as hard as we can to avoid the shock of settling back in to our seats at the MLC. But seeing as we still have half a semester left (which is ample time to make or break your GPA), we have to make ourselves get serious again somehow. 

So what can you do? We have to admit, we haven’t quite mastered it yet. The spring break lull still sets in to some degree, even after two years of trying to beat it. But here are a few tips we have to help settle yourself back in to Athens and try to remember what you’re doing here (yes…you did come here for school).

1. Make sure you know the dates of remaining tests. Relaxing poolside for a week can really do some weird things to your ability to schedule. Double check your syllabi and calendar.

2. Plan your summer. Knowing what you will be doing after these tough post-spring break weeks (and even worse–finals) will give you some motivation to power through them.

3. Leave time to relive spring break. It’s already looking pretty spring-y down here in Georgia, so bring your work to the pool to make it a little more enjoyable.

4. Keep up the spring break workouts. Remember how having that goal spring break weight seemed to motivate you in more ways than just getting to the gym? In many situations, maintaining focus and concentration in one area of your life will lead to more discipline in other areas. You still have to wear a bathing suit in the summer, so keep it up.

5. Remember–spring break will come again next year, and it will be just as fabulous!! Don’t be bummed that it’s over, be happy that it happened and you had the time of your life. Or something like that…

Don’t let the post-spring break blues get you down, collegiettes, summer is just around the corner!