8 Reasons to Download the Kroger App

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

As a fellow broke college student, I understand the importance of saving money. Whether it be a sale, clearance or coupons, I am always looking for the most cost-effective way to buy food. This year I discovered something that changed the game on saving money—the Kroger app. I know it sounds silly, but compared to other grocery store apps, the Kroger app is the best money saver. It is completely free to download, you just need a Kroger card, which is also completely free to obtain! Here are eight reasons why you should download this app today.

1. Free Friday Download

It is exactly how it sounds. Every Friday, as long as you have a Kroger card and sync it up to the app, you get sent a coupon for a FREE item every Friday. You must download the coupon the day you receive it, but you have at least a week before the coupon expires. So far, the items that are free have been enjoyable for me. Since I’ve had the app, I got a free candy bar, a free box of mac n cheese, and a free yogurt.

2. Coupons

There are coupons on a variety of items, whether it be for pet treats, personal care products, or food. The coupons can range from saving 30 cents, to saving in the double digits! You don’t have to deal with flipping through magazines for coupons, they’re all on the app and you load them directly to your card. They are activated at the end of your purchase at the store.

3. Discoveries

You can discover new-to-you brands or products. While looking through the sales and coupons, I’ve seen products that I’ve never tried before. If a product happened to be a good deal, I’ll try it out and maybe even love it! Certain brands that you avoided buying in the past to buy a cheaper substitute may become the cheaper option through a coupon.

4. Sale Prices

You can see what items are on sale on the main screen of the app.  A lot of sale prices are a significantly better deal than the original price. And you can get these sale prices just by using your Kroger card. Certain items are a lot cheaper for Kroger Card users only.

5. Custom Sale Listing

It customizes the sales on the app based on your recent purchases. If you buy a lot of produce using your card, the sale prices of that produce may show up first. They tailor the listings just for you!

6. List Tool

You can form a grocery list with the exact products on the app, with pictures and locations of each product. You can even search the specific store for an item from the app, making sure they carry exactly what you need.

7. Prescription Management

You can manage your Kroger prescriptions from the app. I haven’t used this feature yet, but if I was to use the Kroger pharmacy, I can monitor my medicine right from my phone.

8. Fuel Points

After most purchases using your card, you get Fuel Points that can save you money on gas at Kroger fueling stations. You can even track your points on the app. Especially since gas prices rose recently, it is important to save as much money as you can.

Happy shopping!

Gabby Melfi is a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at UGA. She has been a member of Her Campus since her first semester in college. She is an Advertising major and Sociology minor. Her quirks include, but are not limited to: height under five feet, avid DVD collector, fast-food lover, cuddles animals she's allergic to, and obsessive thrift shopping.