This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

TV shows are the ultimate way of escaping reality and getting emotionally invested in the lives of fictional characters. You can’t help but get attached, especially to the perfect couples blessing our screen. Here’s a list of our six favorite TV couples that we absolutely love (and envy). Spoilers ahead for anyone behind on their Netflix binging.

1. Blair and Chuck, Gossip Girl

Admit it, you’ve been rooting for Chuck and Blair to get together since the beginning of the series (and probably shed a few tears of happiness when they finally got married). Blair was the only person who could bring out Chuck’s softer side, and when she did… wow. Where can I find my own Chuck Bass? Their mutual love of high fashion and money definitely makes them wonderful complements to each other.

2. Haley and Nathan, One Tree Hill

Haley and Nathan are the perfect high school sweethearts. Nothing is better than two polar opposites coming together. Haley completely transformed Nathan from a mean jock to a loving husband and father. Despite a few minor arguments throughout the nine-year series, Naley remained strong through it all and built a wonderful family that you only wish you could have one day.

3. Meredith and Derek, Grey’s Anatomy

Until Shonda Rhimes ripped our hearts out with Derek’s tragic death, Meredith and Derek were the best couple to appear on Grey’s Anatomy. It was obvious the couple was head over heels for each other. You can’t deny your sadness once you realized Meredith and Derek are not actually married in real life. Two attractive surgeons married with cute children in a giant rustic mansion — what more could you ask for? Not to mention they survived bombs, airplane crashes and gun shots.

4. Cory and Topanga, Boy Meets World

If you’re a Boy Meets World fan, you stuck with the ups and downs of Cory and Topanga from the beginning. As soon as they became best friends, you knew they were destined to be together. They’re the crazy cute romance we all cheered on even through their awkward middle school days. Cory and Topanga’s first on-screen kiss was the actors’ first real life kiss, so it was fate.

5. Olivia and Fitz, Scandal

This couple survived their controversial secret relationship being exposed on global television. What could be stronger than that? As much as they tried to deny their feelings for one another, all of us Scandal lovers anxiously awaited the day their relationship would get exposed. You just have to love when the dramatic music plays every time Fitz and Olivia are left in the oval office together.

6. Rachel and Ross, Friends

There have probably never been more cries and laughs in a relationship as Rachel and Ross’. They’re that couple that everyone knew would end up together even though it never seemed to be the right time. As much as you may love Monica and Chandler, there’s no doubt that Rachel and Ross are the #relationshipgoals of Friends. Even when they were on a “break,” they were always still together. Clearly one of the greatest love stories we endured for 10 years.

You cry when they cry, and you smile when they smile; you actually feel like these perfect relationships are your own. I’ll just blame my unrealistic romance expectations on TV shows.

Photo credits: gossipgirl.wikia.com, Fanpop.com, Shscourier.com, Popsugar.com, Moviepilot.com, Parade.com