A Weekend In New York: West Coast Meets East Coast Fashion

This past weekend, I got to fly over to New York for Her Conference 2018!! The two-day event was an absolute success, loaded with amazing keynote speakers such as Aisha Dee (Freeform’s The Bold Type), informational panels, and sweet giveaways. Having just arrived back in Los Angeles, the withdrawals of the trip are very real and I’ve been scrolling through my photo album to relive the memories. Prior to traveling, something I looked forward to the most was choosing the outfits that I would bring along for the trip. New York may arguably be considered the fashion capital of the United States. And with the city’s busy, fast-paced atmosphere, the fashion there is always ahead of the game on the latest trends and styles. I decided to write a piece on the outfits I wore for each day that I spent in this beautiful city. Of course, I drew inspiration from the iconic fashion, featured in the drama television series, Gossip Girl

Friday - The Flight Attendant 

Spotted on the MET steps: a sleep-deprived R recovering from her red-eye flight... I arrived to New York around 9 am on Friday. Our schedule for the day was packed with exciting sightseeing spots so I knew that I would need to wear something pretty comfortable and easy to walk around in. I wore a slip-on skirt with a stretchy waistline from Zara. My baby-pink blouse is from Aritzia and I tied a Madewell scarf around my neck. For most of the day, I wore my Vans. I wore this outfit for a casual stroll around the city, during tea time with Eloise at The Plaza Hotel, and for the Her Conference kick-off party at the Rosé Mansion during the evening.

Saturday - A Ruffled Pencil 

For Day 1 at Her Conference, I went for a more business-casual look. I wore a pencil-skirt, to feel *sharp* and paired it with a colorful, floral blouse. I wanted to balance the serious vibes I got from the skirt with a fun top so I found one with ruffles! My skirt is from Aritzia and my blouse is from H&M. I got to meet beauty blogger and former Bachelor star, Caila Quinn, who came as a guest speaker for one of the panels of the day! Later that evening, we went to Hudson’s at Pier 81 for a yacht tour. With the lovely ambiance of the yacht and the gorgeous city view, I decided to dress a little more formally and wore a romper I bought from Ali & Jay

Sunday - Buckled Up for Business

For Day 2 of Her Conference, I decided to go with a classic white blouse from Calvin Klein. Since my top was simple, I wore gray, patterned pants from Zara with a matching belt buckle. Her Conference enables attendees to meet with industry professionals, and I wanted to look professional and chic while doing so. The white blouse never fails to look chic and it’s fun to mix and match with different bottoms!

Monday - (Soft) Serving Looks

On our last day in New York, we spent most of the time traveling all over the city and visiting ice cream shops. I wore a brightly colored dress from Urban Outfitters and tied a section of my hair with the same Madewell scarf that I wore on Friday. The colors on my dress happened to match with the colorful ice cream bouquet we got from Stuffed Ice Cream! This outfit was comfortable and pleasant to wear around the streets of Soho.