emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide for Your Gal Pals

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Though it’s fun to receive gifts, there’s nothing quite like the joy of giving a friend something they truly love. Show your college roomie or high school BFF how much they mean to you during the holidays, while you’re shopping for Black Friday or Cyber Monday. If you’re looking for ideas for your best friends, here’s five hot presents they’ll absolutely love. 

1. Spa day essentials

We all know how important it is to treat yourself and take a mental health day once in a while—we all need to de-stress after finals. Encourage your friends to stop and relax in their day to day lives by giving gifts like Alba Botanica’s Fast Fix for Puffy Eyes Cooling Eye-Revive Gel, which both cools and revives with cucumber and green tea. Needless to say, it’s necessary after pulling an all nighter.

2. New cosmetics

Who doesn’t lust after the newest palettes and lip kits? You can opt for the Tarteist PRO Palette, which has 20 vibrant eyeshadow shades, or go for a staple cosmetic item like Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara. Since makeup enthusiasts typically wear mascara every day, you know they’ll always appreciate getting more—especially a best-selling vegan mascara.

3. Feminist accessories

Whether it’s a Hillary Clinton mug or a GRL PWR baseball cap, spread female empowerment this season by giving items with feminist slogans and sayings. One great choice is the #ActuallySheCan tank tops, created in partnership with Le Motto. The shirts feature bold phrases such as “Less Drama More Karma” and “Less Regret More Sweat.” I don’t know about you, but there’s nothing I’d rather rock at the gym. 

4. Crafting goodies

Sometimes we get too bogged down with essays and math problems to actually indulge in our hobbies. If your bestie is the creative type, encourage her passion by giving her a crafting bundle with everything she needs for a project, like a scrapbook, patterned paper and stencils. And don’t forget the Krazy Glue, because the super-strong fast-drying adhesive is perfect for all your arts and crafts girls’ nights. 

5. Scents and fragrances 

Because you can never have too many fragrances. Keep your gal pals smelling fresh with Being’s Salted Caramel & Macadamia Hand Cream for warmer scents or Being’s Cloudberry & Lychee Blossom Hand Cream for a fruitier scent. The company even brands itself as “for the baddest bitches with the biggest hearts.” Yes, please! You really can’t go wrong. 

Lindsay was the president/editor-in-chief of the UCLA chapter of Her Campus from 2015-2018. She was previously the Viral Section Editor at Her Campus and an Editorial Intern at the headquarters in Boston. Lindsay grew up in Washington state and transitioned to love the Southern California sunshine while studying communications and environmental science at UCLA. Twitter: @WeinbergLindsay.