Restaurant Review: Times Square Buca di Beppo

With its signature red-and-white checkered tablecloths and walls filled with family photos and Italian decor, Buca di Beppo serves up family-style Italian dishes all across the world. The Buca di Beppo location we visited in New York City is unique because it is in the heart of bustling Times Square. With the crowded streets, bright lights and nonstop entertainment, this location is the perfect place to grab a bite to eat before wandering the streets or attending a Broadway play.​Buca di Beppo’s wide variety of dishes and customizable options allow everyone in your party to enjoy a delicious, home style meal. Since one of our dinner group members was vegan and not everyone ate meat, we were able to order a meal that fit everyone’s dietary needs.

We started off the meal with garlic bread brushed with olive oil instead of butter. While most restaurants use butter on their garlic bread, Buca di Beppo uses olive oil instead, making this menu item a great crowd-pleaser for everyone at the table - including our vegan friend.

Next up, we ordered the fried mozzarella which was warm, cheesy and crispy as expected. We got some amazing cheese pulls out of this dish.

The Caesar and Chopped Antipasti were both crisp, cold and flavorful. We ordered the Chopped Antipasti with cheese and meat on the side so everyone could enjoy the basic base salad and add toppings to their own delight.

Since it’s an Italian restaurant, we absolutely could not leave without ordering pasta. We ordered the Baked Ziti, Spicy Chicken Rigatoni and Spaghetti Marinara.

As huge cheese lovers, the Baked Ziti with mozzarella, provolone and ricotta left us coming back for more.

The Spicy Chicken Rigatoni was not too spicy and was delicious with its moist chicken and signature rosa sauce.

The marinara sauce on the spaghetti was incredible and is the perfect vegan pasta menu option!

For dessert, we ordered the tiramisu and the vanilla, raspberry and pistachio gelato. The gelato was very impressive because of its amazing flavor and texture. As for the tiramisu, we found that the coffee flavor really stood out in contrast with the creamy mascarpone.

If you find yourself in Times Square looking for amazing customer service, delicious comfort food and cute decor, Buca di Beppo is the place for you!