Hotel Review: Sofitel New York

"Bonjour, welcome to the Sofitel!”

This was the first thing we heard when our car pulled up to the Sofitel New York. Right away, we could tell that the hospitable staff was incredibly friendly and cared about us having a wonderful stay at their hotel.

Located in the heart of Midtown and only a 10 minute walk from Times Square, Sofitel New York is the perfect place to call home on your next trip to New York City  — from the incredibly attentive and kind staff to the modern and bright rooms. We stayed on the 23rd floor with a one-of-a-kind view of the skyline and “bright lights big city” feel, complete with a desk, sofa bed, two televisions and a king size bed.

We were able to host four people in one room, as one or two can sleep on the sofa bed, the most comfortable of its kind you’ll find at a hotel, with plenty of back support (for real). The luxury suite (a whopping 650 square feet in New York) features feather-top beds and marble bathrooms with Hermes bath products. Of course, there was free WiFi for all our Google mapping needs as we explored Manhattan. And if you’re looking for a bite, get room service or head to the Gaby Bar or Gaby Brasserie.

Much of the decor both in our room and in the halls is Parisian, including black and white photographs of the Eiffel Tower. Even from walking into the grand lobby, you know you’re in for a luxury stay. From the bellhops who made storing our luggage a breeze to the amazing concierge who took the time to help us look up information on Broadway tickets, customer service is the clearly the top priority at Sofitel New York. Perhaps the best part, however, is the prime location in Midtown and the enormous size of the suites, rivaling any apartment unit in L.A.

"Be our guest” is their motto for a reason (aside from the French influences). Sofitel New York, thank you so much for making us feel like home in the Big Apple.