Campus Cutie: Austin Kaidi

Meet Austin Kaidi, a third year Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics Major! This genuine and fun California native is Captain of the UCLA Debate Team, a researcher in a Vaccine Lab, and plays tennis. UCLA will definitely miss this Bruin, who is graduating a year early!

Where did you grow up,  and what’s your favorite thing to do there?

I grew up in Anaheim Hills, and my favorite thing to do by far is to go to Disneyland!

Describe your perfect morning.

Waking up early, having a glass of tea and scrambled eggs on sourdough toast (food is very important to my perfect day, haha!), and then solving the daily crossword puzzle.

What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve done at UCLA?

This article! Haha!

If you could live in a movie, which one would it be and why?

"Ferris Bueller's Day Off" because it just seems so hopeful and perfect - the students care about Ferris being sick, the villainous principle gets what he deserves, and even Cam has a good time.  For that one day everything seems right in the world. In that movie, it seems, anything is possible.

What is something most people don’t know about you?

I am a certified scuba diver, too!

What is something you would tell to your freshman self?

You never know which moments in life will be significant. Write down as many as you can, because time flies in college, and you'd be shocked how much you can forget in just a few years.