8 Must-Have Beauty Products We Tried Out At Beautycon Festival L.A.

Beautycon Festival L.A., a two-day makeup festival, was hosted in Downtown L.A. this year and featured over 100 brands and over 200 talents, including Mrs. Kim Kardashian West. The amount of beauty and makeup inspiration we encountered was unlimited and slightly overwhelming! With so many different brands and products out there on the market, here is a list of some of our personal favorites that we tested out so you don't have to! 

1. BECCA Cosmetics

Ever seen a highlighter brighter than your future? When it comes to highlighters, BECCA Cosmetics is the main authority that can bring out your inner radiant glow. Their main goal is to make you glow in all of the right places, with a radiance that is true to you. Our personal favorite shade is Rose Gold, a blushed rosy pink with warm gold pearls that can double up as a highlighter and a glowy blush - talk about dual-purpose! Plus, when you sign up for their newsletter, you receive 20% off your first order! 

2. Nature Republic

Nature Republic does exactly what their mission statement entails by providing the perfection of nature to their customers. As the worldwide leader in creating natural cosmetic products, they aim to share the energy of life from the different elements nature has to offer. From their sheet masks to their moisturizing gels, you can definitely feel the natural essences working to make your skin feel its very best. Aside from the undeniable natural benefits, its unbeatable price is hard to resist. We were able to purchase 10 sheet masks and got 10 more, plus a number of free samples!

3. Almay

Almay recently came out with their new Cosmic Collection which includes the Almay Goddess Gloss, Almay Make Them Jelly Hi-Lite and Almay Shadow Squad Holographics. This collection does an out-of-this-world job of creating the galaxy-inspired makeup look of your dreams! Every person who followed Almay on Instagram at Beautycon was given a free full-size sample of the Almay Goddess Gloss. The color we got to test out, Flame, is a sparkly magenta-red gloss that is  perfect on its own or on top of a different lipstick for an extra oomph of shimmer! We even got to grab one of the Shadow Squad Holographics in the shade Illusionist, which features four incredibly velvet and shimmery shades. 

4. CND 

CND's Boho Spirit collection is another must-have for the summer! This line features the colors Offbeat, Uninhibited, Vagabond and Gypsy, all ranging from a vibrant pink to a warm orange. The best part about CND’s nail polish is that you simply need two coats and a top coat and you’re done! No need to worry about a base coat because these nail polishes will easily stick to your nails and not harm them in the process.

5. JOAH

JOAH is a makeup line inspired by Korean beauty and "JOAH" is Korean for “I like it.” This brand focuses on empowering individuals to celebrate life and express their femininity. From mascara to BB cream, this brand has got you covered! We tried their I’m Your Jelly Bae! Matte Gel Lipstick in the shade Babe. The lipstick is very pigmented and stayed true to color, even after applying it to our lips. The gel lipstick really glides across your lips with ease and feels very velvety. Definitely check out their ten different shades and other products online or at your local CVS!

6. Yes To

Yes To is a brand that focuses on creating products that are made of natural ingredients, particularly fruits and veggies! While some of their other popular products are made with coconuts, carrots and grapefruits, we used their Yes To Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal SnapMask Stick. What makes this face mask so unique and amazing is that it's literally in the form of a stick, and all you have to do is twist up and rub it onto your face. Leave it on for five minutes and you’re all set to rinse it off! Even for those of you with sensitive skin who hesitate to try out new products, we found that this face mask left our face feeling smooth and fresh, not dry and irritated. 

7. Hourglass Cosmetics 

Hourglass Cosmetics just released their newest product, Caution Extreme Lash Mascara, and their booth was giving out free samples at Beautycon. This product promises an all-in-one look, complete with increased length and unbelievable volume, and as huge mascara fanatics, this product did not disappoint. The brush is amazing because it coats every eyelash individually and is perfect for applying mascara to your lower lashes with ease. During your first coat, you may feel like there’s not enough product on your lashes but that’s simply because of how light the formula is! Since the formula is so light, even after two coats, your lashes do not look flakey or clumped together which made us feel very happy!

8. Aveda

As a brand that focuses on “the art and science of pure flower and plant essences,” Aveda is a beauty company that sells natural products for your hair, skin and body! While their Beautycon booth was incredibly cute and featured a giant cherry tree because they were promoting their new Cherry Almond Softening Shampoo (which we also recommend), we picked up a bottle of their Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair. Since we always seem to be using hot tools on our hair, we found that this leave-in treatment replenished our hair and made it soft and shiny after just a few uses! We love brands that not only make natural products for their customers but also try to care for the world and our environment.

Thank you Beautycon L.A. for having us and for being the place to find all of the latest and greatest beauty products. We highly recommend you try out these beauty products for yourself!