4 Sweater Weather Outfits To Wear During The California Fall

As much as I love pumpkins and seeing the color of the leaves change to vibrant reds and oranges, the recent heat wave has made it hard to fully embrace the essence of fall. Feeling the sweat drip from our faces while the sun is blazing against our backs can put a whole new meaning to the phrase “sweat-er weather.”  

Fortunately, the temperature has FINALLY been dropping to the 70’s and as the weather continues to get colder (or at least as cold as it can get here), we can pull out our fall gear! To usher in the chillier air, I assembled four different outfits with sweaters, keeping the California heat in mind.

1. Knitted Sweater with Flared Skirt - An outfit to knit your fall wardrobe back together

Matching the traditional sweater with a high waisted mini skirt, I mixed a warm top with a cooler bottom. To complete the outfit, I wore knee high socks and ankle boots.  

Sweater: American Apparel // Skirt: Forever 21

2. Sweater with Button Down Skirt - A Buttoned Up Look w/ a Button Down

I love the preppy feel of a button down. To balance the bagginess of the sweater, I incorporated a tighter skirt to this outfit. This look can serve double as either casual wear or slightly formal!

3. Cropped Sweater and High Waisted Shorts - Crop out the Heat

The cropped sweater has made its way into recent fashion trends and I’m not complaining. To match the shorter length of the top, high waisted shorts are a good fit. For days when it’s supposed to be “cold” but still feels relatively warm, this combo is great for combating the clashing temperatures.

Sweater: Brandy Melville 

4. Turtleneck and High Waisted Shorts - No hiding in a shell for this style

To say that I have an obsession with turtlenecks would be an understatement...so I’ll take any chance I can get to where one. The great thing about this sweater is it doesn't pack on the heat inside! I’ll be patiently waiting for the winter season to bring out my thicker turtlenecks but in the meantime, I’ll stick to ones with lighter material. 

Sweater: Zara