Career

Meet the Girl Bosses Taking UCF by Storm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

It’s no secret that the ladies here at Her Campus at UCF love hyping each other up. Our favorite pastimes include getting the perfect Insta pic for each other, bouncing article ideas off one another and supporting each and every member as they achieve their goals. A handful of our members have been working extra hard all summer long to prep for the best fall semester yet, and we are so excited to shine the spotlight on our wonderful executive board.

Sam Olson: Senior Editor

“Hey, my name is Sam!  I’m originally from South Florida but moved to O-town for college. I’m Senior Editor of Her Campus at UCF and I’m majoring in journalism and minoring in creative writing with a certificate in editing and publishing! I guess you could say I’m doing the most with my college career, but I’ve always been known to be extra ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Can’t wait to meet and work with all of you!”

Margo McCoy: Editor

“Hi everyone, I’m Margo and I’m an editor! I’m a sophomore studying Advertising-Public Relations and minoring in Writing & Rhetoric. I’m originally from Sarasota, Florida. I spend most of my free time reading, hanging out by the pool, or watching Friends for hours  I’m so excited to be on exec this year and get to meet everyone!”

Rose Balicki: Editor

“Hello everyone! My name is Rose and I’m an editor! I’m a junior studying Political Science with minors in Intelligence & National Security and Statistics. One day I hope to work in the intelligence community as an intelligence analyst! When I’m not doing copious amounts of homework or editing, I’m binging rom-coms with my roommates or trying to recreate Pinterest recipes! I’m super excited for this year with the team!”

Victor Martinez: Marketing & Public Relations Director

“Hey everyone! My name is Victor and I am the Marketing & PR Director. I’m from the beautiful island of Puerto Rico, but I’ve been living in Florida for a year and a half now. I love everything communication and media, whether it involves cameras or writing or creating. This is my last semester as an undergrad, I can’t wait to make it a very special one!”

Ramisa Chowdhury: Marketing & PR Coordinator

“Hey! I’m Ramisa and I am a Marketing and PR coordinator. I am now officially a senior and will hopefully be graduating in the spring with a double major in Psychology and English Lit! I am a huge geek, especially when it comes to Marvel, Harry Potter, or Star Wars! Excited to spend my final year with these lovely girls!”

Sofi Shirey: Marketing & PR Coordinator

“Hi everyone! I’m Sofi & I’m a Marketing and PR Coordinator for Her Campus at UCF. I’m a junior majoring in Business Marketing with a double minor in Psychology & Graphic Design! I am 100% addicted to avocados, coffee shops & fluently quoting The Office & It’s Always Sunny In Philly! So happy to be apart of this amazing girl gang!”

Laura Santacruz: Marketing & PR Coordinator

“Hey everyone! My name is Laura Santacruz and I’m a Marketing & PR coordinator. I’m a senior this year and I’m majoring in Human Communication with a minor in Mass Communication! I’m obsessed, with coffee, home decor and all things beauty!  I’m so excited to be working with you guys this year.”

Nicole Rumman: Social Media Director

“Hello everyone! I’m Nicole, the Social Media Director. if you ever want to talk about Vogue, the royal family, coffee or movies I’m your gal! So excited for this eventful year.”

Mandie McCann: Facebook Coordinator

“Hi! I’m Mandie and I am the Facebook Coordinator. I am from Atlantic Beach, Florida. I am a Writing & Rhetoric major with a Marketing minor, aspiring to be an editor of a major magazine! If you wanna talk travel, Netflix, makeup, or theme parks, I’m your girl! Can’t wait for this year with you all.”

Lincy Antoine: Twitter Coordinator

“Hey, peeps! I’m Lincy, the Twitter Coordinator! I’m a Social Work major and a Sociology minor. I was born in Haiti, but I’ve lived in Florida all my life. About a year ago though, my mom decided to move to New Jersey, but that didn’t last long, and now my family is back in Florida. I love all things Criminal Minds, Supernatural, and New Girl. I’m also obsessed with JoJo (not Siwa, the OG one. Iykyk). I like to volunteer in my free time along with doing yoga and journaling. I can’t wait to see what we accomplish this year as a team—see y’all soon!”

Ashley Reichert: Instagram Coordinator

“Hello! I’m Ashley and I’m the Instagram Coordinator. I’m from Boston, MA but moved to Boca Raton when I was 12! I’m hopefully going to be an Ad-PR major and love all things dogs, shopping and makeup. And yes, my favorite color is glitter. Can’t wait for a fabulous year with you all!!”

Chelsea Velez: Instagram Story Coordinator

“Hey everyone, I’m Chelsea! I’m the Instagram Story Coordinator! I’m originally from Manchester, NH but I’ve lived in Florida most of my life. I am majoring in Journalism and am double minoring in Creative Writing and Sociology. Most of my time is spent wandering around Foxtail, Disney World, or reading. I’m always down to hang so feel free to reach out!”

Fakhri Shekarchi: Events Director

“Hello! I’m Fakhri and I’m the Events Director. I’m majoring in Biomedical Sciences with a Health Sciences minor and I aspire to be an OB/GYN. I love volunteering, reading and going on all sorts of adventures with my sister! Love you guys.”

Catherine Le: Events Coordinator

“Hello, I’m Catherine! I’m an Event Coordinator and I write the Her Stars column for Her Campus at UCF. I’m majoring in Health Service Administration with a Literature Minor and I want to be a lawyer someday. I love traveling, being a foodie and my cat. I can’t wait for an amazing year with all of you!”

Chrissy Portwine: Events Coordinator

“Hey y’all! I’m Chrissy! I’m one of the Event Coordinators and I also just started a new podcast called Love To Hear It with HCUCF! I’m a senior majoring in Political Science with minors in Journalism and Legal Studies. I’m from Tennessee (go vols) (Rocky Top), and in my free time, I’m either napping or looking at adoptable animals online. I can’t wait to see what we accomplish this year!”

Maitane Orue: Events Coordinator

“Hey! My name is Maitane (or Mai) I’m an event coordinator. I’m majoring in Journalism with a minor in Political Science. I’m always down to watch some How I Met Your Mother re-runs or go to concerts. Can’t wait for this year!”

And last but not least…. our fearless leaders.

Lena Daniels: President

“Hey everyone! I’m Lena, and I am so excited to spend my second year as the President of this amazing team. In addition to our 18 amazing student leaders, we have a girl gang of nearly 100 future girl bosses, and I cant wait to see what this semester brings! In my free time, I love blogging, social media and content creation, and I can’t wait to continue to grow through my last year with Her Campus.”

Nicole Wills: Editor-in-Chief

“Hey there, I’m Nicole! I’m the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at UCF and one of the chapter’s campus correspondents. I’m a senior majoring in Advertising-Public Relations and Political Science and minoring in Writing & Rhetoric. I know more about Star Wars than any healthy person should, and I spend 90% of my free time at theme parks. Can’t wait to finish my Her Campus career on a high note with this amazing team!”

All images were provided by Darby Sullivan.

Lena is currently a senior at the University of Central Florida and very emotional about it. She serves as HCUCF's President and Campus Correspondent and is studying hospitality in hopes of making her childhood dreams of getting paid to travel the world come true. She is head over heels in love with all things aesthetically pleasing, so what could be better than working a job that will result in cute photos? While she's not in school or checking out the tacky tourist attractions around Orlando, you can find her spending more money than she has on concerts, clothes, and crappy coffee. She is a low-key movie addict and a high-key Instagram addict. If you want to see what she's up to when she's not hiding behind her laptop screen, you can follow her on Instagram @lena.daniels