This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

When Halloween is right around the corner we all have a couple of songs in mind. Parties, festivals and the long-awaited trick-or-treating all need a fun playlist to get the Halloween vibe just right. These top five songs are needed at every event this year:

1. “Thriller”

A fan favorite and classic music video by Michael Jackson is the one and only “Thriller.” This monster-jamming song brings everyone the thrill, including the hyped dance that everyone knows. This is the song to be brought to every event this year. Starting the night with “Thriller” will set the mood in the right direction!

2. “Monster Mash”

“Monster Mash” brings every ghoul and ghost out and about. This song hypes up any party with all of the creatures you pretend to be. We can all come together to do the “Monster Mash.” This song will bring back childhood memories of sitting with friends eating your Halloween loot.

3. “This is Halloween”

Looking back, every Halloween I always end up watching The Nightmare Before Christmas. The ultimate song from that Disney classic is “This is Halloween.” Everyone has sung this song during their childhood and can quote the movie along with it.

4. “Spooky Scary Skeletons”

We’ve all done a group costume as a skeleton before, so we can all agree that the theme song will forever be “Spooky Scary Skeletons.” This will be the song to shake your bones at any party. Everyone grab your spine as we all sing along.

5. “Ghostbusters”

Ever since the revamp of the movie Ghostbusters, this song has become widespread again. Everyone knows who they are going to call on Halloween night. Any ghosts or paranormal activity will be hunted down with this theme song to make a great event.

These five songs are the top ones to go to any event!

Sara is studying Entertainment Management and is currently in her senior year at UCF. She loves all types of music and sports. You will catch her around Orlando at all of our famous theme parks. She enjoys taking the unforeseen roads and making life become a journey. Join her on her adventure through life by following her Instagram.
UCF Contributor