sharon mccutcheon 8lnbXtxFGZw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon 8lnbXtxFGZw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

How to Get the Best Deals this Black Friday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

It’s every shopaholic’s favorite day of the year. Just about every store offers sales, deals and promotions that are too good to refuse. But to fully take advantage of the endless discounts, it takes some preparedness. Here are my best tips to make the most of your Black Friday spending spree:

Do Your Research

Planning ahead is crucial to getting the best savings. Make a list of everything that you want or need to get. This makes sure that you won’t forget to buy something in the craziness of Black Friday, and it also gives you time to see which stores have what you’re looking for. Most stores even post their deals online ahead of time, so you can compare prices to get the greatest discount possible!

Have a Game Plan

Once you’ve determined where you’re going to shop, plan out the day. Start with the store that opens the earliest, and end with the one that is open the latest. When figuring out the order in which you will visit them, prioritize the stores that have what you want the most. That way if something happens and you don’t make it to every place, you at least got what was most important to you. But, by having the day planned out ahead of time, you should be able to get everything.

Arrive Early

For popular items, it is especially important to be one of the first people in line to receive them. While many places try to stock up beforehand, a highly demanded item is likely to sell out quickly. So if there is something you really want, it is worth waking up early for.

Enjoy the Experience

Don’t let the tiredness of the early morning, or the large crowds, take the fun out of the day. Because while you may be on a mission to get the best savings possible, it should still be an enjoyable experience. So when you start to feel overwhelmed, take a break, and think about all of the cool new things you now have!

Don’t Forget about Cyber Monday

Thanks to the massive online marketplace, sales continue throughout the weekend and to Cyber Monday (November 26, 2018). So if there is still something you haven’t gotten, Monday is a great day to order it online!

So mark your calendar for November 23, because now you’re officially ready for the greatest sale day of the year. Happy shopping!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Lauren is a student at the University of Central Florida and is majoring in Hospitality Management. When she isn't studying you can probably find her at a theme park, working out, or curling up to a good movie. She has a passion for writing that she is excited to share with the world.
UCF Contributor