This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

The beginning of the fall semester is a time where new and returning students can get acclimated to their new schedules, and find their place within the countless organizations our school has to offer. From taking a class at the Recreation and Wellness Center to grabbing lunch with friends, or exploring the plentiful events on and off campus, it can be somewhat easy to forget about the not so exciting part of college: studying. But fear not! With the help of this article, you can gain the wisdom you need to become the studying pro you always knew you could be. Here are three simple ways to make studying so much more fun!

1. Change of Scenery

Dorms and apartments can offer several different study benefits (more comfortable, usually quiet, snacks!), but sometimes a location change is all it takes to be a little more motivated to get that homework done. And, lucky for us, there are a million places to study right on campus. Want to be in the middle of all the action and have lots of food options? Go to the Student Union. Want a quiet place with limitless research options? Hit up the John C. Hitt Library. Want a peaceful place where you can soak up the Florida sun? Go to the Reflection Pond. These are just a few of the many options available, and all offer a unique studying experience!

2. Add a Pop of Color

After a while of reading the same black-and-white notebook, every word starts to look the same. To avoid boring notes, add a pop of color! Use bright colored folders to organize all of your papers. In your notebook, highlight vocabulary words, make fun lists with stickers, use multiple colors of pens, and let your artistic side shine. You can do this on a laptop as well! Put all of Word’s tools to use by changing up the font, size, and color of your notes. Then, when it is time to study the material you can do so by looking at your fun masterpiece!

3. Quiz Yourself

One way to make studying a little more exciting is to turn it into a game. There are so many ways to do this whether you’re by yourself, with friends, or in a study group. With a note card, you can write a vocabulary word on one side and the definition on the other. Shuffle the stack and challenge yourself to know what is on the other side! Another fun way is to prepare a list of questions for a friend to ask, and try to see how many you can get right. These are just some of the many ways to turn a boring task into a fun trivia contest!

With these tips and tricks, you are now a studying pro! Challenge yourself to put them to the test, and have a blast in the process. You have all the tools you need to rock it this semester!

Images: 1, 2 & 3 provided by the author.

Lauren is a student at the University of Central Florida and is majoring in Hospitality Management. When she isn't studying you can probably find her at a theme park, working out, or curling up to a good movie. She has a passion for writing that she is excited to share with the world.
UCF Contributor