This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Online shopping is a guilty pleasure for many of us. Breaking the habit isn’t easy, but Honey makes that habit a bit sweeter.

Honey, recently acquired by Google, is a browser plugin that finds and compiles coupon codes for the online shops you visit. To date, Honey has helped its users save over $30 million dollars! After installing Honey onto your browser, coupons for major retailer stores like Kate Spade and Target are just a keystroke away– just press “h”!

Heads up– Kate Spade has a code for an additional 20% off sale items. If that’s not a good reason to try out Honey, I don’t know what is.

By electing to “Try coupons,” Honey will automatically attempt to apply all coupons to your purchase–giving you even more savings. The final price should appear at checkout with one last click between you and your items.

Honey Gold is Honey’s newest feature which allows users to earn cash back instantly on purchases at select retailers. From Groupon you can get 10%, from Chegg you can get 5%, and from Target you can get 1% of your purchases in Honey Gold. Honey Gold can be presented in a variety of ways — email, the Honey website, or even in the extension. Just be aware of terms and exclusions, the same as with anything.

Once you have accumulated 100 Honey Gold, it becomes equivalent to one dollar to use toward cash, gift cards and even “real gold!” Check out more retailers that give back here.

I was born and raised in Northern California and studied English with a Professional Writing minor at University of California, Davis. 
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!