For Christian: Our First Year Together

Christian, there are truly no words to describe how incredibly grateful I am to have met you a year ago. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. I just got myself into a strong, positive headspace, after having experienced a lot of stress and anxiety during my first quarter at university. I was finally ready for all of the wonderful surprises and adventures that life had in store for me. I remember going to Macy’s last November and writing a letter to Santa, hoping that if I wrote my wish down on paper, it might come true. I wrote, “This year for Christmas, I wish for only one thing. I wish for happiness.” And not long after that, I met you. 

The story of how we met is no short of a fairytale, and I can confidently say that you are much better than any Prince Charming. On the very first night, I knew that I had just met the love of my life. Christian, you are kind, honest, funny, hardworking, giving, and so incredibly loving. You have the biggest heart of anyone that I have ever met (and on top of all of this, you are the most handsome man that I have ever seen!). I am truly the luckiest girl to be able to have a wonderful person like you in my life, and I want you to know that you have genuinely changed my life for the better. Throughout the entirety of our first year together, you have shown me nothing less than your full support and have given me so much motivation and encouragement in all of my endeavors. You are my best friend and the most incredible partner that I could have ever asked for. 

We have experienced so many amazing things and have traveled to so many beautiful places together within this year, and we have created memories that I will keep with me for the rest of my life. While I love going on adventures with you, I have to say that my favorite memories are moments in which we weren’t really doing anything at all. I love staying in and curling up on the couch next to you while we play video games together. I love sitting in the car and singing our favorite songs to each other. I love standing by the window together, staring out at the view and telling you everything that I love about you. On top of all of that, I love waking up next to you and cuddling up close to you, knowing that this is the place I feel the safest. 

It has been the most incredible year, and I am so excited about all of the wonderful things that life has in store for us in the future. I have never been happier in my entire life than I have been with you this year. I hope to continue to grow and thrive with you. I hope to make mistakes and to fall, but to also keep in mind that together, we can overcome anything. I can’t wait to travel the world and to experience all of life’s ups and downs with you. I love you.

For everyone reading this: I truly believe that love is the most powerful force in the entire universe. When we put love into something, we will receive love back. Love is what makes life beautiful for it is what drives passion and kindness. Remember to love one another and to appreciate all of the special people in your life because they add to your soul in positive ways and because you wouldn’t be who you are today without them. 2019 is coming to an end, and as 2020 comes around the corner, I hope that we will spread so much love towards one another in the upcoming decade.

All photos courtesy of the author.