5 Nerdy Girl Role Models to Get You through the Quarter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

We all need someone to look up to during the times of procrastination and Netflix. Here are five nerdy girls who will motivate you to work your hardest this fall!

1. Rory Gilmore from Gilmore Girls

She’s witty, intelligent, and so incredibly studious that she makes me want to get my life together ASAP. Rory is diligent and organized, and she completely embraces her nerdy-girl persona.

2. Cristina Yang from Grey’s Anatomy

Cristina is competitive and a highly intelligent person, often rejecting petty drama and focusing on her skills as a surgeon. She motivates me to work harder and push myself to be the best I can be every day.

3. Spencer Hastings from Pretty Little Liars

She’s determined and extremely focused on her goals, which in turn motivate me to streamline my life and go after what I really want. Despite the whole “murder” drama going on in the friend group, Spencer still finds a way to be as studious as she can be and follow her academic dreams.

4. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter

Take the wise, wise advice of Hermione Granger and hit up the library any time you doubt yourself. She’s brainy and she knows it, and she arms herself with knowledge like there’s no tomorrow. She will always motivate me to get everything done when it needs to be.

5. Velma from Scooby Doo

Velma is always focused on the task in front of her, which motivates me to crack down on that project I’ve been avoiding. Her dedication to solving problems is just one sign of her intelligence and higher reasoning.

These five nerdy girls never fail to get me back on track. Good luck starting this fall quarter, collegiettes!

Mariana graduated from University of California, Davis in 2018 with bachelor's degrees in English and linguistics. She currently works as an editor for a biotechnology company in Seattle, WA.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!