Why We Love Her: Gina Rodriguez

Hey guys! Hope Fall is treating you well. I'm back with the Why We Love Her series, which is all about showcasing strong, talented and inspiring women. One of the most fresh and talented actors on the screen today, Gina Rodriguez, is all that and more. Here's why we love her!

1. She plays our favorite virgin on the CW’s hit show 'Jane The Virgin'

via

I cannot wait to see what happens to Baby Mateo! The show returns October 12, so be sure to check it out!

2. She’s a master of her craft

Gina was admitted to New York University’s Tisch School of The Arts at the age of 16 and graduated with a Bachelor’s of Fine Arts. BEAST.

via

She’s maintained an extensive theater career, staring in a number of shows. She’s even done an awarded portrayal of Frida Kahlo in 'The Last Moments in the Life of Frida Kahlo' at the American Stage Theatre. This girl is no joke.

3. She can salsa

via

She’s been a dancer from a young age and even performed in a dance company!

4. She’s an actor and a writer

via

Gina will soon publish a book titled 'I Can and I Will: Tools My Daddy Gave Me'. The inspirational book written in honor of her father is said to be released this year.

5. She makes a damned good speech

via

Here’s a clip of her acceptance speech at the Golden Globes. You’ll be happy you watched it.

6. She can pack a punch

via

Gina is obsessed with boxing. Strong girls rule!

7. She loves her job, and you can tell

via

The 'Jane The Virgin' star is constantly talking about her amazing cast members. We love them too!

8. She’s a ball of sunshine

via

Backstage magazine says she “…exudes positivity and is impossible not to fall for, both onscreen and in person”. (source

9. She’s got style

via

Our girl looked gorgeous at this past Emmy Awards!

10. She’s an advocate for diversity

Gina is never silent about the need for change in the media.

via

On the topic of diversity in Hollywood, she states, “[It’s about] creating a different perception of minorities in the media. That was a huge mission and still is for me. So I will choose what’s best for my career, my journey, my integrity”. (source)

Tell us about the women who inspire you and let us know if you love this ball of sunshine as much as we do!

Until Next Time,

Raven

About the Author