jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What I’ll Be Watching on Disney+

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Like a lot of people, I caved in and got Disney’s new streaming service, Disney+. Just within it’s first few days of being launched, the service already has a stunning 10 million subscribers! Of course, let’s not forget a lot of people just got the 7-day free trial, but a lot of people will forget to cancel it. If you’re lucky like me and happen to have Verizon as your cellphone provider, they’re giving you Disney+ for free for an entire year if you have Unlimited or a 5G home.

$7 a month, or $70 for an entire year, for almost every movie I never got to see in theatres or my parents didn’t get me a bootleg version of is finally in front of me, and I don’t even know where to start. So here are my top few Disney movies/TV showsI’m excited to watch.

Zootopia

I never saw it, but I did see the very long commercial one time where the sloth kept slowly droning on and on.  I’ve also seen various fanart and comics all over the web, and I just have to watch it the minute I can. 

Cinderella

My all-time favorite princess. Although I haven’t rewatched the movie since I was a small kid because I turn into an emotional wreck within the first five minutes, I hope that I’ll actually be able to sit through the whole movie without a bunch of malware threatening my laptop.

Wall-E

I actually did have the bootleg version of Wall-E. It just turned out to not work. But I was 10 and the world was already full of disappointments, so I moved on with my life and 9 years later, I finally get to see it. 

(Photo courtesy of Unsplash)

That’s So Raven

I still remember when Disney Channel was free and my sister and I would watch this on Saturday mornings. I don’t remember a single thing, but I know I’m going to have a good laugh when I see it. It’s a feel-good show all around. 

Andi Mack

This is a more  recent show, but as a 19-year old, I honestly think Andi Mack is the best show to ever hit Disney Channel. It’s the show a lot of us deserved to see growing up with its great representation and how it tackles important issues. Some episodes are unfortunately missing, but the magic that show has will never be taken away.

Dumbo

I did not have Dumbo on bootleg, shoutout to Kmart and their VHS section most likely. Dumbo is just one of those movies I remember seeing really young, and I only remember one scene about it. I’m honestly 90% sure I don’t remember the rest of the movie because it made me really sad at the beginning and my mom took it away. But since finals are around the block, I could use some practice crying sessions.

Tangled: The Series

I love cartoons. A lot. I also love Tangled, and it was the first thing I saw when I got Disney+. I’ve been wanting to see the cartoon for a long time now, and I’m so excited that Disney+ actually has it.

(Photo courtesy of Unsplash

Boy Meets World

I had always wanted to watch Girl Meets World, but I always told myself I’d watch it after I watched Boy Meets World. I never saw it because I couldn’t find it, so now I can see both of the shows and have something to binge watch for a while.

The Simpsons

Disney+ really said, “We’re putting 30 seasons of The Simpsons on the app and that’s final,” and did it. We love the commitment. I think I watched The Simpsons more than anything else growing up. Not my parent’s fault, both my siblings were already teenagers by the time I was four. But I can finally see every episode. Will I? Probably not. But it’s nice to know they’re there.

Brave

You’re probably thinking, “Does this girl see any movies?” No. I don’t. My hometown built a movie theatre when I graduated, and my family wasn’t the type to take a drive to go see a movie. But Brave is that movie that I’ve seen clips of in multiple places, but I’ve never seen the entire thing. I’ve come close to it many times, but thanks to Disney+, it will happen.

Alice in Wonderland

Both the animated and live-action versions are avaible. Alice in Wonderland has always been one of my favorites and is very dear to my heart. The teacups were the very first thing I rode at Disneyland. I’m so excited to rewatch all of them and fall in love with Anne Hathaway all over again. 

(Photo courtesy of Unsplash)

This is not even the end of my watchlist (honorable mentions include The Princess Diaries, Monsters Inc., and Frozen), but these are the first couple of things I’m going to watch. Remember that you can get a bundle with Disney+, Hulu, Espn+ for $12.99 a month instead. Personally, I’ll be waiting on that student discount. 

Deedee Plata

UC Riverside '22

20 year old creative writing major with a love for skincare, representation, and art. When not laying down and watching cartoons, I can be found working on my novel or browsing through baby name forums.