bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

On Periods and Tampons

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

The choice on what product to use during your period is completely yours. There are many reasons people choose brands and products over one another, and it can come down to a few factors. Some of the reasons are cost, accessibility, and attempts to be resourceful. Sometimes, people are lucky enough to simply just have a preference and purchase whatever they want. 

Here at UC Riverside, our Her Campus chapter was lucky enough to get sent tampons from the brand Just.. Our members put some baggies containing tampons in the school bathrooms, free to take, and they were all gone by the next day. And that showed us how necessary and needed it is to make periods simplier. 

(Photo by Emily Villanueva)

Just. is a brand that stands by making periods simple. Their products are dye, fragrance, and bleach free, designed to just do their job until your period is over. Their tampons are available at Walmart in boxes of 20 and 60. They also have pads with wings and a 100% top cotton layer. They’re taking the drama and complications out of periods, which I’m pretty sure we’re all sick of. They help simplify womanhood, and make the shopping easier when going down the menstruation product isle!

(Photo by Emily Villanueva)

Overall, remember that if you regularly use tampons, to always look for signs of possibly experiencing Toxic Shock Syndrome, also shortened to TSS. This can include having a high fever, vomiting, diarrhea, rashes, dizziness, muscle aches, and being close to fainting. Make sure you get medical attention right away if you show any of the symptoms. Periods don’t have to be hard. It’s just a period, and should be just that simple. So we appreciate brands like Just. that make periods that easy!

Deedee Plata

UC Riverside '22

20 year old creative writing major with a love for skincare, representation, and art. When not laying down and watching cartoons, I can be found working on my novel or browsing through baby name forums.