The Makeup Brand You Need to Know About!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Ladies, let’s face it: as much as we’d like to buy everything we want from Sephora, our budgets definitely cannot permit it. Makeup and beauty items are part of my everyday routine, and if I’m using these products everyday, the expenses really do add up. But who says you can’t get the same results with drugstore makeup? I’ve recently discovered a few cosmetics brand that I have really liked, and I knew I had to share them with you all! Oh, and might I mention that most, if not all of these products are within the price range of $2-9. They’re a total steal!!

Jesse’s Girl Cosmetics (available at Rite Aid)

Products Mentioned:

I’d usually save my favorite for last, but if you love nail polish as much as I do, you’ll understand my excitement. My definite favorite product from Jesse’s Girl is their nail polish. The particular ones I have are from the JulieG collection, for those of you familiar with her on YouTube. They have a wide range of colors, meaning you’ll most likely find one (or maybe five…) that you’ll like. Also, depending on the color you have, you can get an opaque finish with just 1 coat! (Cabana Boy & A Star Is Born are my personal faves)

(Left: A Star Is Born, Right: Cabana Boy, $3.99 each)

I’m more of a lipstick and tinted lip balm kinda girl, so I’m not the biggest fan of lip-gloss. But for those of you who are lip-gloss junkies, I’ve found that the lip colors from JG are extremely pigmented for their extremely low price  ($1.50 on JessesGirlCosmetics.com!) Although many of you may find this odd, I like to apply the lip-gloss and blot away the excess shine.

(Liquid Glass in Scarlet Fever)

The last few products from Jesse’s Girl are their eye products: eye shadows and pure pigment eye dusts. Their eye shadows come in a variety of palettes, ranging from trios to 9-pan colored compacts (both $3.99).  They are great to have if you want a palette dedicated to neutrals, bright colors, or even both! The 9-pan compacts have all shimmer eye shadows, so if you were looking for matte colors, the trio would be a better option.

(Top: Tickled Pink, Bottom: Brown Eyed Girl)

(Runway Eye Shadow Collection: Los Angeles)

Shadow pigments are a great way to add a little sparkle to your eye makeup look (especially if you put the pigment right in the center of your crease!) and at $4.99, you’ll get a container worth that will last you just about forever.

(Pure Pigment Eye Dust: Sunset Blvd)

UC Riverside

UC Riverside