Last Minute Costume Ideas (that are not a black cat)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

If you’re anything like me, your Halloween costume is usually decided the day of and is composed of whatever you have in your closet at the time. Amidst the chaos of midterms, papers, assignments, clubs/sports, and just basic self care, it can be difficult to also think about going shopping for the perfect costume weeks in advance. To assist my fellow procrastinators, I compiled a list of simple, quick costumes that you can rock this Halloween: 

1. Wednesday Addams 

For this look, all you need is a black tee-shirt dress, a white collard shirt, booties, and pigtail braids (tights optional). The makeup would also be incredibly simple – think as pale as possible with a dark lip. You’ll look put together and gothic with Wednesday’s iconic look. 

2. A Burglar 

Pair black jeans or leggings with a striped shirt, black beanie, and dollar store mask. 

3. A Princess 

Embrace your inner child and be the Belle of the Ball with a sparkly mini dress and tiara. You could also throw a sash over the dress and be a prom queen. 

4. Clark Kent

Wear a Superman logo tee underneath a blazer or suit jacket and glasses – Superman (or woman) off duty. 

5. Couple Costume: Rubber & Glue 

One person can wear rubber bands on their wrists while the other tapes a printed out photo of glue to a white shirt. 

6. Mermaid 

Get under the sea with any sequined skirt paired with a tank or crop top, nautical earrings/hair piece, and cool makeup

7. Couples Costume: Salt & Pepper 

All you’ll need is a white and black tees and tape for this easy and cute look. 

8. Vampire 

This costume is both simple and sexy. Wear an all black outfit, some red lipstick, and dollar store fangs. You could also skip the fangs and just drag the red lipstick down your chin to look like blood. 

9. Regina George 

Play homage to the Queen Bee with a cut up white tank, purple bra, and black skirt (but maybe leave the bitchy attitude at home). 

10. Scary Doll 

Wear any mini dress with cute pigtails, knee high socks, and ballet flats. To complete the look, create a spooky makeup look

I hope that one of these ideas inspires you when you are scrambling to get ready hours before the Halloween party, HC UBC. Let us know if you try any of these looks put, and have a safe and spooky Halloween. 

Images taken from https://www.pinterest.com/ and http://www.forever21.com/IN/Product/Main.aspx?br=f21

Samantha is a third year UBC student majoring in Political Science. Samantha loves any kind of tea, drawing, reading, and traveling to new places. Her favourite thing to do is play with animals and write stories. One day, she hopes to have traveled to every continent.