This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Baltimore chapter.

Name: Lu Ma’at

Age: 18

Major: Currently a psych major, but switching childhood education.Where are you from? Born in Bronx, NY but raised in Harford County, Maryland.What type of guy do you usually look for? I love gentlemen with a little edge. Someone who is polite, but I can also feel protected when I’m with him.What is your best piece of dating advice? Hmmm, my best piece of dating advice? Know who you’re dealing with before falling too deep, because they’ll switch up on you and you’ll be stuck with a vision of what “could’ve been.”What is your “deal-breaker”? I hate improper diction. It sounds corny but if you slur your words together and use all types of weird slang.. I’ll passWhat is your idea of an awesome date? An awesome date would be getting dressed all fancy, smelling good, taking a limo to dinner, eat over the water at a nice restaurant. It’s cliche but it’s so romantic. What do you like to do in your free time?  In my free time I model and write poetry.

Hi, there! My name is Laurise McMillian, and I am the founder of Her Campus UBalt. Here at the University of Baltimore I study Digital Communication and work on campus as a graphic designer. I'm absolutely obsessed with all things social media. I'm also very into fashion and health. Feel free to find me on Instagram @LauriseMC.