5 Fashion Must-Haves for Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Baltimore chapter.

It’s been a hard cold winter here on the east coast, and we’re so glad the worst is over! May is here and it’s finally time to trade the usual riding boots for a bright new look. With just 1 more week of classes left, here are the top 5 summer looks you should start shopping for!

The Maxi Tee

It’s laidback and comfy, but the slits make this top is the easiest way to add edge to your look. Style it with distressed light-wash jeans for class or black skinnies and heels for a night of barhopping in Federal Hill.

High-Slit Maxi Dress, $22.90 at Forever21

The Cut-out Bootie

These cool kicks offer a little more airiness as the days get warmer. Not only are the completely functional for a walk from Mount Vernon to the Harbor, but come on, they’re obviously super adorable, too.

Jubilee Cut-away Shoes, $90.00 at Topshop

The Colored Sunnies

Top your outfit off with a pop of color. Weather you’re feeling green, blue or rose gold, a fun pair of shades will definitely make your outfit scream spring.

1. Coritea Cat-Eye Shades, $20.00 at NastyGal 2. Round & Round Shades $20.00 at NastyGal 3. Quay Chelsea Girl Shades, $48.00

The Pastel Pocketbook

Nothing says sweet like a pastel color pallet. Use a pretty bag to brighten up your usual dark look.

1. Lady like backpack, $69.90 at Zara 2. Color block messenger bag, $79.90 at Zara

The New Jean Jacket

Okay, so yes it is getting warmer…but it’s not exactly July yet. A lightweight jacket is still necessary some days. Instead of your basic collar and button denim jacket go for one with a grungier utility-vibe.

Women’s Anorak Chambray- Coffee Shop, $39.99 at Target

Hi, there! My name is Laurise McMillian, and I am the founder of Her Campus UBalt. Here at the University of Baltimore I study Digital Communication and work on campus as a graphic designer. I'm absolutely obsessed with all things social media. I'm also very into fashion and health. Feel free to find me on Instagram @LauriseMC.