This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

If you’re a podcast listener like me, you’re always looking for new podcasts to listen to on your morning bus ride or while making dinner. I’ve been listening to most of these for years, but they might be new to you. Hopefully, you’ll love them as much as I do!

1. This American Life

This podcast has always been my absolute favorite. It’s a classic. My favorite kinds of podcasts are those that tell stories about people’s lives. I find them fascinating, and that’s usually what This American Life does. However, they switch it up every week with a different theme, so you never really know what to expect. I know so many random stories and factoids from this podcast.

2. Modern Love

You may have seen the Amazon Prime show with the same name. They’re both taken from the “Modern Love” column in the New York Times. They’re stories of “love, loss, and redemption” from people’s lives. I get so drawn into these peoples’ stories and find myself feeling their joy or heartbreak too.

3. The Mortified Podcast

I listen to this podcast when I need a good laugh. It’s basically just people reading excerpts from their childhood diaries, and they are hilarious. It takes me back to when I was an overdramatic kid writing my day-to-day dramas in my diaries. 

phone, headphones, and coffee with foam art
Juja Han on Unsplash

4. Dolly Parton’s America

There’s only one season of this podcast, but it was perfect for me — a diehard Dolly fan. It’s basically an in-depth look into Dolly’s life, her music, and the effect that she has on America. 

5. Serial

I know everyone and their mother has listened to the first season of Serial. But if you haven’t, do yourself a favor and start it! I finished it in a single day because I was so drawn in. The first season is an in-depth look into a murder case involving two teenagers that has a lot of conflicting evidence. It’s absolutely addicting. 

Elizabeth Mertz

U Wyoming '21

Liz is a junior at the University of Wyoming studying English Education. She's a book enthusiast, Spotify playlist creator, and movie buff. Her life goals include traveling as much as she can afford to and being an awesome teacher.
Hailee Riddle

U Wyoming '20

Writing is hard, but I love it. "Little girls with dreams become women with vision." HC U Wyoming Writing since 2016