assorted zodiac signs?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
assorted zodiac signs?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Original Illustration on Canva for Her Campus Media

The Perfect Fall Indulgence for your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

It’s getting colder and windier, and beginning to look an awful lot like the official season of warm cups of tea, cozy sweaters, and yearning. Besides a passionate romance, here’s what you should treat yourself to this autumn, based on your zodiac sign! 

Aries (March 21-April 19)

Yes, you do need that cardigan that goes perfectly with your boots, and no, it does not matter that it is really only warm enough to be useful for that one week in between summer and spring when the weather is just kind of confused. You look gorgeous. 

Taurus (April 20-May 20)

​Hey, it’s okay. You can buy that Pumpkin Spice Latte you’ve been craving, and no one’s going to say anything to you about it being basic. I promise. If you’re going to make yourself jittery by downing three cups at once, you might as well make it pumpkin-flavored.

Gemini (May 21- June 20)

Just let yourself loose in a Spirit Halloween store – every single day of the year deserves to be blessed by you in a Halloween-inspired outfit. Maybe, just maybe, it’s time for you to own a pair of fishnets in every colour of the rainbow? 

Cancer (June 21- July 22)

Buy yourself the fancy organic apples so you can bake yourself the most spectacular apple crisp to kick off the season. Grab some pumpkin spice tea bags, too, and make yourself a deliciously  warm cup to sip from while you lean against the oven waiting for it to bake. 

Leo (July 23- August 22)

Buy that perfect, way-too-expensive Halloween costume you’ve had your eye on forever. You know you need to be the best dressed at the party, and you know you’re going to look so good in it. 

Virgo (August 23- September 22)

We both know you’re stressed, Virgo. Buy yourself that luxurious weighted blanket you’ve been thinking about and nestle under it for a couple of *gasp* unscheduled naps this fall. 

Libra (September 23- October 22)

It’s time to purchase that Halloween-sized bag of candy for “Halloween,” and “trick-or-treating kids.” You can always buy a second bag on October 30th… and maybe November 1st, too. 

Scorpio (October 23- November 21)

Decorative gourds. Need I say more? It’s decorative gourd season, and you need some decorative gourds, immediately. Carve those pumpkins! Paint those gourds! It’s fall, baby!

Sagittarius (November 22- December 21)

We both know you’re just thinking about Christmas and your birthday, so go ahead! Get some fancy fairy lights. As you drape them over every surface in your house that isn’t a tree, you can convince yourself that they were probably on sale since it’s not yet Christmas season (It does seem a teeny-tiny, little bit too early for the tree. Definitely get the lights, though). 

Capricorn (December 22- January 19)

You know what your room is missing? Fifty billion Halloween decorations. Have you ever been to the Micheal’s Halloween section? I promise you’re going to love it. What about some sunflowers, or ghost window decals? 

Aquarius (January 20- February 18)

Buy at least six fall-scented candles. We both know that you think of Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin and Apple Cinnamon as completely different vibes, and you’re right, you will absolutely need both this fall. It’s essential.

Pisces (February 19- March 20)

Hear me out: it’s time for a Spotify Premium account. You deserve to scream along to Taylor Swift’s rerecording of the RED album without being interrupted by Lover (a spring album, obviously) or evermore (winter, of course).

Kavita Premkumar is a first-year MA student with the Department of English at the University of Victoria. Most recently, she has been working on embroidery, wire-wrapping crystals, and wax-sealing ridiculously long letters to her friends in New England.