6 Easy Disney Costumes for Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

With Halloween just around the corner, you might be starting to stress about what costume you’re going to wear. It can be hard to find something that feels both party-ready and comfortable, and that’s without considering how cold it’s going to be. You might have heard of Disneybounding, where people dress up in modern, regular clothing inspired by Disney characters. So if you’re still having trouble deciding what to be, here are five cute and simple outfits to help get you started.

Joy

While you can buy this one here, any green skater dress would be perfect for this look. You could wear a fun wig or dye your hair, or alternatively wear something blue to mimic the look, like this flower crown. You could paint your skin yellow or wear colored leggings under your dress, but if you don’t feel like dealing with any of that, a pair of yellow shoes like these ones would do nicely. Any shoes would work, but something closed-toed and heelless would be great for Halloween, since you’ll likely be walking a lot. You can wear whatever accessories you’d like, but you could try earrings like these.

Minnie Mouse

Any red, black and white set would work for this look, especially if it has polka dots. This dress is pretty much perfect, but any red dress would work. These shoes are a bit more Minnie than the last ones, but again any yellow flat would be perfect, or a heel if you think you can handle it. This is the perfect opportunity to break out those Minnie Mouse ears you bought from Disneyland in elementary school. If you happen not to have a set you can buy some here (this pack includes gloves!)

Esmerelda

This skirt is beautiful every day of the year, but it’s also the perfect color for an Esmerelda costume. You’ll feel badass and beautiful dressed up as this leading lady. Pair it with a loose white blouse like this one, and incorporate her teal scarf by adding a belt like this. Any strappy sandals would fit, but we love these gold ones. We would suggest pilling on the gold accessories, for example this bracelet and these earrings.

Peter Pan

This one is really cute and easy. A tunic-style dress like this one fits the look perfectly, though any green dress would work. Add some earthy tones by adding a brown belt like the one pictured. A pair of cute booties pull it all together. You can include a green hat if you’d like, or pin a red feather into your hair to finish the look.

Snow White

If you pair any yellow skirt, blue top and red bow, everyone is going to know you’re Snow White. This skirt is perfect – even the texture channels her personality. A dark blue top like this one and a red hair bow will really pull the look together. You can really pick any pair of shoes for this costume, but we thought these ones looked both cute and warm. Add a bright red lipstick and some thick falsies and you’ll be good to go.

Woody

You’ll look straight out of an old western movie (or Toy Story) with an outfit like this. Try a pair of dark wash ripped jeans and a yellow plaid like this one.  A pair of cowboy boots would be too perfect, but if they aren’t your style something like this would still fit the theme. Top it all off with a red bandana, whether you wear it around your neck like Woody does or throw tie it up in your hair.

What are you going to be for Halloween? Let us know in the comments below! Have a safe and fun Halloween! 

Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison