15 Times Barack Obama and Joe Biden were Relationship Goals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Whether you prefer to call them Obiden, Jobama, or anything else in between, there is no denying that the now former President and Vice-President of the United States were relationship goals. From winning not only one, but two successive elections to nearly breaking the internet, these two were able to gain the support of not only their country but surrounding countries as well. After eight years of watching these two grow closer and closer together, just try not to love them; I dare you. If you’re foolish enough to believe you’ve succeeded, keep scrolling and let me change your mind, because you’re about to witness bromance goals.

1: The night that started it all, the two wave cheerfully to their supporting crowd just after being elected in 2008.

Source: Reuters

2: That time they walked into a meeting holding hands. Who can say that they’ve ever walked into a business meeting holding hands with their significant other? Not me.

Source: Pete Souza- The White House

3: When they took a stand together at a gathering during LGBT Pride Month in June with nothing but smiles all around.

Source: Saul Loeb—AFP/Getty Images

4: Twinning for Saint Patrick’s Day while they clearly can’t keep their hands off of each other, not even long enough to walk to lunch.

Source: Pete Souza- The White House

5: Getting some putting practice in on a sunny afternoon at The White House.

Source: Pete Souza- The White House

6: Mean mugging (or trying to), but they just can’t keep a straight face when they’re together. (I see you smiling, Obama).

Source: The White House

7: Even their wives look cute together, as the four of them celebrate with embraces all around once the 2012 election was called in their favour.

Source: Pete Souza- The White House

8: The joy on their faces as the dream of spending another four years working together came true in 2012.

Source: Reuters

9: The friendship bracelets that almost broke the internet, coupled with this adorable tweet to celebrate Obama’s 55th birthday.

Source: Twitter

10: Sharing a high-five after watching their daughters play a basketball game in Chevy Chase, not only relationship goals but father goals as well.

Source: Pete Souza- The White House

11: When all of the celebrations and good times are said and done, they support each other through tough times, such as when Biden’s son passed away and Obama delivered his eulogy.

Source: The White House

12: The two of them having the time of their lives watching a pre-Olympic basketball game together.

Source: Patrick Smith- Getty Images

13: Participating in the “Let’s Move” campaign, by recording themselves running around The White House together. Now that is the ultimate couple workout.

Source: Pete Souza- The White House

14: Slowing things down by taking a stroll on the South Lawn of The White House in the evening, how romantic.

Source: Pete Souza- The White House

15: Walking out of the office to get lunch together, with supporting arms around one another.

Source: Pete Souza- The White House

If you haven’t fallen in love already, I have no words for you Mr. Grinch, except that I hope one day your heart too will grow. As for Obiden, you will be greatly missed (2008-2016).

If you have a favourite Obiden moment we missed, share below!

Born and raised in Surrey, British Columbia, Pavan Athwal is a first year student at the University of Victoria. She is currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry for the Medical Sciences, and aspires to attend medical school in the near future. She loves reading, writing, drawing (although not very well), and running, and hopes to publish her own novel one day.
Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison