bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Snack your way to an A!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

With the last week of finals coming up, stress levels are high, the last thing you have time to worry about is what you’re eating. When the food cravings hit, its extremely hard to resist the cheap and quick snacks that are so delicious and satisfying. These unhealthy food choices may satisfy your cravings in the moment, but they aren’t the best when it comes to long lasting energy that you need to stay focused and do well on your exams. To help you resist temptation and stay healthy throughout this last week, here are some easy replacements for your favorite snacks, so you can snack your way to an A (or a B, nothing wrong with a B!)

1. Tortilla or Brown Rice Chips

When your staying up for long periods of time, it can be easy to grab a bag of chips from the vending machine just for a quick snack. To replace the unhealthy potato chips, try tortilla chips or brown rice chips (I know they sound kinda gross, but trust me, they’re really good!) Bring a snack baggy of your favorite chips, so when the cravings hit, you’re prepared.

2. Fruit

For those of you with a really big sweet tooth, you might want to try to opt for something a little more nutritious than tim-bits. Bring your favorite fruits with you when you study, so you won’t be tempted to satisfy those cravings with an unhealthy treat. Try fresh berries, apples, grapes, or bananas!

3. Granola Bars

These are probably the easiest snack you can get, and are a great alternative to candy bars! If you still want something a little sweet, try Kind bars (they have a chocolate peanut butter one..mmm), or Lara bars, which are made with whole and natural ingredients.

4. Smoothies

If you don’t have enough time to prepare yourself a healthy breakfast, try a smoothie or a protein shake. Just throw your favorite fruits in a blender, and you have a healthy snack or meal that will keep you satisfied.

5. Energy Bites

These are the perfect snack to bring for long study sessions. They are super simple to make, and are a healthier form of cookie dough! Combine oats, peanut butter, honey, chia seeds, and (of course) chocolate chips for a perfect bite sized snack! (I doubt you’ll stop at just one though!)

If you want to give these a try, here are some awesome recipe ideas!

Don’t let your late night cravings and stress affect your eating habits. It can be hard to focus on your health during exam season, but with a few of these snack ideas, you’ll be ready to take on this week and head into summer feeling great!

Tali Main

U Toronto

Tali is a second year psychology student at University of Toronto. She enjoys singing, reading cheesy teen romance novels, and cooking/eating delicious food!