If You Don’t Listen to K-POP, You’re Missing Out!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Lately, I have become obsessed with listening to k-pop songs. With so many upbeat, fun, and talented artists, it’s the perfect genre to get you out of you pre-finals funk. If you’re anything like me and have been living under a rock when it comes to k-pop, here are my top 5 favourite k-pop songs that I recommend you give a listen!

LALISA BY LISA of BLACKPINK

I’d say BLACKPINK is a pretty well known k-pop group nowadays, especially LISA after her b-side track MONEY blew up on TikTok! I’d say if you’ve caught onto the catchy tune of MONEY, you’ll love her title track LALISA. This is perfect place to start for people just getting into k-pop.

The FEELS by TWICE

This song is AMAZING! So upbeat and fun to listen to. Twice is a k-pop girl group with nine extremely talented members. This song is all about those “feels” you get when falling in love. It is also their first ever single in English!

WANNABE BY ITZY

This is the perfect upbeat pick-me-up song about just wanting to be yourself! It’s perfect to help raise your self-confidence level during exam season. ITZY is another amazing five-member girl group that has so many amazing songs, but this one is one of my favourites! Warning: If you watch the MV for this song, you won’t be able to stop doing Ryujin’s shoulder shrugs!

MMMH BY KAI

This is another solo song by artist Kai who is originally a member of the boy group EXO. This is a smooth, cool, suave song that is extremely catchy and I have been loving listening to it!

SHOOT! By ITZY

Last but not least, another ITZY song… (can you tell where my obsession started?) SHOOT! is another b-side track from ITZY’s mini album GUESS WHO released earlier this year. It’s a catchy, almost mysterious song that I absolutely love and definitely listen to the most out of this list.

So there you have it! These are just a select few of my current favourite k-pop songs that have gotten me obsessed with the genre! If you weren’t into k-pop already I hope some of you give these songs a try!

Gen is a fourth year student majoring in Health Science: Population and Public Health stream. She loves yoga, travelling, caring for her grandparents at home and video games!