This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

While in quarantine because of the pandemic, many people took their time during quarantine to work out, to get spiritual or to learn a new skill–all things to better themselves. But do you know what we did? We chilled at home binge watching many netflix movies. So, here are 10 Netflix chick flicks that we watched during quarantine. We ranked them from our favorite to least favorite, so you know which you should watch first.

10. The Perfect Date

The Perfect Date was honestly just an ok movie. It was pretty predictable in the beginning on what was going to happen but not in a cute, goofy way. We honestly feel that because of the success of To All the Boys I Loved Before, Netflix put Noah Centineo in as many original movies as possible, which made this movie more of a flop. They did have some good actors like Camilia Mendes, which definitely made the movie better and upped their ranking a bit.

Ranking: 5/10 

9. To All the Boys I Loved Before 2

Netflix needs to stop the trope that there will always be two attractive guys in every girl’s life, her original boyfriend and a newer guy. It would be nice and a great head turn if movies were not always so predictable. At the end of stories like this, the female character always ends up with her boyfriend. However, it was nice to see the development of their relationship in the beginning of the movie and how Peter was so kind and gentle with Laura Jean in the car scene. 

Ranking : 6.5/10

8. Kissing Booth 2

What we liked about this movie is that the miscommunication and conflict between the main characters, Elle and Noah, is very relatable to couples today. A lot of trouble in relationships comes from miscommunication and not being as open and transparent with their significant other. This is shown when Elle kissed Marco right in front of Noah. All in all, it was nice getting introduced to new characters in the second movie. We also really liked the way Elle and Noah came back to each other at the end, but personally WE would’ve chosen Marco.

Ranking: 7/10

7. Always a Bridesmaid

You can never go wrong with black love. The guy in the movie was very, very attractive. It is a nice, funny and light hearted movie. The friend group in this movie reminds us of our friend group and everyone deserves friendships like that. 

Ranking : 7.5/10

6. Dear John

Dear John is a pretty well known movie. Of course, it has Channing Tatum who is gorgeous. But honestly, we don’t think we could ever forgive the writers for that ending. It wasn’t fair and it wasn’t right, and we needed more. What happened next? Did John send the money for Tim? What was their little meet up for? Although it was a pretty good movie, we don’t think we can get past that ending. 

Ranking: Tobi: 6.5/10 Favour: 7.5/10

5. Sleepover

Sleepover is a really good movie. It’s funny, but not as relatable as I would have liked it to be. We weren’t running around our town late at night as middle schoolers. I don’t know how any of them knew how to drive–we were both barely allowed to go to sleepover, so this was a shock. Also, we’ve never met a guy who was interested in a middle schooler when he was a junior, but to each their own (not really, kind of problematic in this day and age). However, we like Alexa Vega and the mom–Jane Lynch was pretty cool too. 

Ranking: Tobi: 7/10 Favour: 8/10

4. To All the Boys I Loved Before

Laura Jean is just a great character, we’ve all either been her or know someone like her.  Her struggle to drive throughout the entire movie was such a relatable aspect. Also, who can’t relate to liking multiple people at once? Her and Peter are our favorite pairing. This movie definitely restored my love for humanity, but did give me very unrealistic expectations when I was in high school, and I’ll never forgive the writers for that. Either way, this movie is great, everyone should watch it.

Ranking: 8.5/10

3. What a Girl Wants

This movie made us want to go to England and live the life this girl was living. Amanda Bynes was definitely an icon back in the day and this movie proves it. It’s funny, witty and she had the confidence we all aspire to have. 

Ranking: 8/10

2. Clueless

Clueless is probably one of the best movies we have ever seen. The fashion is iconic–the outfits are to die for. It’s funny and overall just a legendary movie that was ahead of its time. Clueless will never get old. 

Ranking: 9/10

1. The Notebook

The Notebook really is a beautiful love story. It’ll have your emotions go spinning and you’ll be laughing and crying the entire time. You can never go wrong with it. The acting is amazing and gives us very high (and unrealistic) expectations on love.

Ranking: 10/10

Go grab yourself some popcorn and some friends and snuggle up for the perfect chick flick marathon. We promise you won’t regret it.

Tobi Famodu

Delaware '23

Tobi is a sophomore at the University of Delaware who is pursuing a nursing degree in hopes to be a pediatric nurse practitioner. Tobi is an adventurous girl who loves to hang out with her friends and eat food. She loves to crochet and knit. Her favorite pastime at home is watching Netflix.
Favour Omoaregba is a college sophomore at the University of Delaware. She is a double major studying Sociology and Organization and Community Leadership. Favour is creative and loves learning how to make different things. Family and Friends are important to Favour they have helped her become this person she is today.
Ashley Marino

Delaware '21

Ashley is a Senior at the University of Delaware with a major in English and a double minor in Environmental Humanities and Public Policy. She is currently the Co-CC for the Udel chapter. She was previously a writer and an editor.