This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

Ariana Grande released her sixth studio album, Positions, last Thursday. In celebration, I’ve decided to rank my top five favorite tracks from the album.

1. pov: This song is undoubtedly my favorite of the album. In this track, Grande expresses how she wishes she could love herself the way her partner loves her. I especially love this track because Grande demonstrates her emotional vulnerability. “pov” is definitely the song people have cried to the most on this album, because almost everyone can relate to the message. This ballad is definitely in the top ten of Ariana’s entire discography. 

2. 34+35: An absolute banger. 34+35 is a mathematical expression that adds up to 69, a popular sex position, which gives you an idea as to what the song is about. Meaning aside, the song is so catchy, and I already know all the words. It’s been 4 days.  

3. just like magic: This song went STRAIGHT to my self-love playlist. If you’re looking for a self-love anthem that radiates bad b*tch energy, then this is the song for you. Whenever I listen to this track, I feel so confident. The song alludes to the concept of manifestation and encourages listeners to have a positive outlook on life. “just like magic” deserves so much more appreciation and is probably one of my favorite songs she’s ever written. 

4. six thirty: I honestly can’t put a finger on what exactly I like about this song, but it’s just SO GOOD. In this track, Grande essentially asks her partner if they’re down to make their relationship last, no matter what happens. I literally can’t stop listening!

5. off the table (ft. The Weeknd): This song is so emotional. Ariana and the Weeknd’s voices harmonize together so beautifully that it brought tears to my eyes. In this track, Ariana questions whether or not she is ready to dive into a committed relationship with someone else because of her trauma, and the Weeknd assures her he will wait until she is ready to completely let her guard down. The trauma she is most likely alluding is the death of her ex-boyfriend, Mac Miller. Like “pov,” Ariana expresses her emotional vulnerability and remains completely transparent with her listeners. 

Positions definitely lived up to my expectations. I absolutely love this album and am so proud of Ariana for the strong woman she’s become *sheds a tear.* If Ariana is by some chance reading this, I want to end by quoting Michelle Obama:

“Hey queen! Girl you have done it again. Constantly raising the bar for us all and doing it flawlessly. I’d say I’m surprised but I know who you are. I’ve seen it up close and personal. Girl, you make me so proud, and I love you.” – Michelle Obama

Kavya Beldona is a sophomore at University of Delaware. She is majoring in Marketing with a minor in Business Analytics and Advertising. She enjoys singing, writing, and listening to music.
Contributor account