This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

As someone who takes pride in her playlist collection, one of the highlights of my week is waiting for the New Music Friday playlist to refresh on Spotify. Finding a new favorite song or seeing new music from one of my favorite artists just gives me the serotonin boost that I need at the end of the week.

Every now and then, there’s one month that seems to be more music-filled than others. March just so happens to be one of those months this year. Below, I’ll note several releases for each Friday in March.

Friday, March 6

Some notable albums have already been released this past Friday. Jhené Aiko released her third album, “Chilombo,” giving us even more songs to listen to after a break-up when we still need to feel like the badasses we are. Lauv dropped his debut album, “~how i’m feeling~,” taking us through a raw, emotional journey with features from Troye Sivan, Alessia Cara and BTS. Finally, Lil Uzi Vert released his first album in three years, “Eternal Atake.” These albums alone will take you through three very different styles of music matching whatever you’re feeling.

Friday, March 13

This upcoming Friday features Niall Horan’s sophomore album, “Heartbreak Weather,” which has been introduced with his singles, “Nice To Meet Ya,” “Put A Little Love On Me” and “No Judgement,” making for an already-exciting lineup. Along with that, we can expect albums from Don Toliver, Grouplove, Seafret and Rich the Kid. 

Friday, March 20

The following Friday holds some personally exciting releases, specifically Conan Gray’s debut album, “Kid Krow.” Gray’s career skyrocketed this past summer after he dropped several singles within just a few months; his song “Maniac” then became a popular audio on TikTok. That weekend will also include the much-anticipated album “After Hours” from The Weeknd, Kelsea Ballerini’s self-titled album, and R&B/indie artist ieuan’s sophomore album, “SWEET BOY.” 

Friday, March 27

I’ll be the first to admit that the only reason I thought to write this article was because of this day’s releases. 5SOS have been my favorite band for a good portion of my life, so when they drop their fourth album, “CALM,” you know I’ll be streaming. The lead up to this release started in May of last year with “Easier,” and continued into the new year with their singles “Teeth,” “No Shame” and, most recently “Old Me.” Besides 5SOS, you can expect albums from Madison Beer, Cavetown, Trevor Daniel and Jessie Reyez. 

I can’t wait to see my 2020 playlist fill up with new music from all of the artists mentioned above and I’m sure you can’t either. Enjoy the warmer weather and happy streaming!

Martina is a Sophomore at the University of Delaware, majoring in English. She loves reading, writing, making playlists, and spending time with her dogs.
Contributor account