david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Four Halloween Costumes you can Make with your Old School Uniform

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.
1. A School Girl
An obvious choice but a classic, the “schoolgirl” costume utilizes literally your whole entire uniform.  The oxford button-up shirt paired with the plaid skirt and high socks creates an adorable costume.  A big bow in your hair and keds, preferably matching in color, add a great touch to this costume.  Maybe even add glasses or suspenders to show that you’re extra studious.

2. A member of one of the houses in Harry Potter
For this costume, several things remain the same among the four houses, and a couple items differ in color.  For instance, all should include the following: a black cloak (preferably with a hood; can be made by cutting an old vampire robe down the center), the oxford button-up shirt, high black stockings, and black flats, heels, or booties.  The differing items will be the sweater, tie, and skirt colors.  For instance, a member of the Slytherin house would sport a green or gray sweater, green and gray tie, gray skirt, and their specific house crest taped to the robe.

3. Rachel Green
An iconic television character, Rachel Green showed us all how to dress 90s-cute on a waitress’ budget.  This costume will require your plaid skirt and a plain white t-shirt, preferably a tight, long-sleeved one.  Additionally, Rachel wears a bunch of different aprons during her stint working at Central Perk, so pairing this outfit with a cute, small, waist apron would fit perfectly.  She also sports cute, loose ponytails with lots of loose pieces falling out and high socks.

4. Innocent Sandy (from Grease)
Pre-black leather outfit and cigarette smoking, Sandy Olsson from Grease sports sweet white button-up shirts and yellow sweaters.  You will need your button-up shirt, a yellow sweater, and a yellow skirt.  White Keds and slightly above-the ankle socks will help pull this costume together.  Wearing your locks half-up, half-down and singing about your summer fling the whole night are musts.

Student at the University of Delaware.
Amanda Schuman is a junior at the University of Delaware. She is currently majoring in communications with a concentration in mass media and double minoring in journalism and interactive media. Amanda is passionate about all things communications whether it's social media, public relations, writing or just networking. In her free time she can be found watching sit-coms on Netflix, with a book in hand or eating anything sweet. You can follow her @bluehen_amanda