burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Four Fashion Trends To Follow this Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

A guide to being fashion-forward this spring via the hottest trends on the runway.

Flexing In Vesting:

• Business professional just got ten times better with an influx of sleeveless suiting strutting down the runway. These styles illuminate a new wave of power suiting with free-flowing, androgynous silhouettes.

• Dion Lee & Zero + Maria Cornejo

New Americana:

•  What better place to revitalize American identity than New York Fashion Week? From flagwear to repping your coast, designers are bringing a new definition to what it means to be traditionally American through clothing.

• Lela Rose, Jonathan Cohen

Out from Under:

• Corsets, slips, garters, oh my!  Designers like Sandy Liang and Bevza are bringing underwear to the forefront of outerwear for spring/summer trends.

• Sandy Liang, Bevza

80s Baby:

• Part of fashion is marketing to consumers old and new styles. So why not kill two birds with one stone and revitalize the trends that the current ones missed out on. The current market is filled with Millenials & Gen Z-ers all who missed out on the audacious evening wear of 80s.

• Laquan Smith, Oscar de la Renta

Syleah Coppedge

Delaware '22

Currently, Syleah is a junior who is striving to achieve a major in Marketing and minor in Fashion Management at the University of Delaware. Her goal for being a part of HerCampus is to aid in pursuing her childhood dream by way of being the media she can channel her creativity, thoughts, and personality.
Contributor account