Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Five Graduation Gifts Your Boyfriend Actually Wants

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

When you Google “what should I get my boyfriend for graduation,” you’ll be greeted with pages upon pages of websites that LOVE to monogram gifts. From a monogrammed wallet to a monogrammed planner, you’ll be shocked with how many gifts you can put someone’s name on. From personal experience, most 21 year-old college boys don’t dream about a planner with “Jake” written in big squiggly letters across the front. I’ve compiled a list of five age appropriate gifts your boyfriend will be excited to open.

1. A game centered around his favorite TV show.

This may be a little hard if he likes obscure shows or is indecisive, but if he has a show that he can’t live without, he’ll love to open a gift that is centered around it. I was lucky that my boyfriend chose to be obsessed with Rick and Morty because just about any game imaginable has been adapted to include the characters. I opted for a Rick and Morty themed Trivia Pursuit game. That way he could test his knowledge on the plot and has an excuse to watch the show for the ninth time. An added bonus to this gift would be if you watched all of the episodes in secret, so you can surprise him with your knowledge. 

Find it here! 

2. Oh, The Sh!t You Don’t Know.

This book is the perfect silly joke gift to include with your main gift. The book mimoke the classic Dr. Suess story “Oh, The Places You’ll Go” and covers all the topics you wish you would have learned in college. As goofy as it is, it contains practical advice on how to file taxes or how to take out a loan–all of the things we’re somehow expected to know the second we turn 21. 

Find it here!

3. A tie.

While a tie isn’t the most fun gift to receive, it is a practical purchase without being boring. And did you know how expensive ties are?? A nice tie is something a man needs, but doesn’t want to treat himself to. And don’t worry, you don’t need to break the bank–sales, sales, sales! In my opinion, it’s a sin to buy a tie full price. To add a more sentimental touch, write a little note about how your boyfriend can wear the tie on his first interview or his day of his adult job. Everytime he puts the tie on, he’ll think of you.

Find it here! 

4. His favorite alcohol.

And when I say favorite alcohol, I don’t mean a six-pack of Bud Light. You may need to do a little digging for this one. A safe bet is typically whiskey or rum–most boys I know love it. If he doesn’t know a specific fancier brand he likes best, find out his favorite cheap brand and do a quick Google search to find the next best option. Don’t go too crazy. Most boys can’t tell the difference between a $20 bottle of whiskey compared to a $200 bottle, they’re used to drinking Natty Light after all. 

Find it here! 

5. Cards Against Disney.

I know this may technically fall into the category of the first gift option, but it was too good not to mention. If you have a boyfriend who is as Disney obsessed as mine is, he’ll love this spin on the classic game. It contains all the fun of Cards Against Humanities but adds the fun of Disney Characters. You’ll encounter characters from The Beast to Pongo. Oh, and let’s just say it’s not for all ages. 

Find it here! 

Put all your gifts in a cute bag and top it with his favorite candy and snacks. Write him a note in the card telling him how proud you are of him and how you can’t wait to see what he accomplishes. Then throw in a little bottle of cheap champagne that he can pop after his last final and you’ll be set. Anything you decided to get your boyfriend, he’ll love so don’t stress yourself! You got this!

Ashley Marino

Delaware '21

Ashley is a Senior at the University of Delaware with a major in English and a double minor in Environmental Humanities and Public Policy. She is currently the Co-CC for the Udel chapter. She was previously a writer and an editor.