Campus Cutie: Ryan Karsten

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

Introducing one of the funniest kids on campus.  Whether he is serenading you with bagpipes or taking you ice skating… Karsten is a catch! Say hi to him on campus.

The Basics

Name: Ryan Karsten

Nickname: Q

Hometown/Country: Queens, NY

School Year: Junior

Major: Civil Engineering

Blue Hen Life

Activities/ Sports: FIJI

Where we’ll most likely find you on campus:  It’s probably a tie between the library and the Blue Hen Zone haha.  Nothing like relieving some stress with a little ping pong!  

Advice to Freshmen:  Don’t be afraid to meet new people.  It’s not weird to go up to a random person and introduce yourself if you are a freshman. As you get older it gets a little bit more awkward to meet more people that way.  Also, you should join Greek life.  Joining the Greek community was the best decision I made in college.  It takes the relatively large campus, and shrinks it down to a smaller community, where it is so much easier to meet new people.

Favorite place on main st:  Jimmy John’s is fucking #lit

Favorite memory of the semester: One of my favorite memories from this semester was when we got a squad of about 30 guys and gals to go ice skating on south campus.  It doesn’t sound too crazy, but it was actually mad fun

The Dirty “Deets”

Taken or Single: Single

Sexual Orientation:  Straight

Ideal Gal: I like short girls and I don’t really discriminate on hair color.

Dream Date: Anna Kendrick

Deal Breakers: Girls who are always on their phones.  Live ya lives sistas

What is the first thing you notice in a girl:  If she can take a joke.  If she doesn’t think I’m funny than she can hit the road !!!! hahaha

Best place to take a first date?: Chipotle.  You can tell if this girl is cool if she can handle her ‘Potle. Plus what kind of psychotic person doesn’t like chipotle??

Who do you want to kiss under the mistletoe?   Anna Kendrick obviously

The Fun Stuff

Fun Fact:  My uncle won the show Survivor Season 10 look it up!!

Hidden Talent: I can play the bagpipes.  Look for me on St. Patties day!

Guilty Pleasure Song: Either All of You- Betty Who or Cups-Anna Kendrick because I love her

Early Bird or Night Owl: Night owl for sure

Favorite band/artist: The Killers/ Cage the Elephant

Favorite thing to do on the weekend: Day drink/ Netflix and chill

One item you can’t live without:  My everything. My love. My best friend. My BED!!

Favorite season and why: Fall because I can break out my duck boots

Shout out: one of my shout outs goes to Beans from Even Steven, for always keeping it real and being a great role model.  My second shout out goes to Alyson Tocicki because she begged me to give her one.

Meg is a junior, mass communications major attending the University of Delaware and from a small town in Upstate NY.  She is apart of the Gamma Phi Beta Sorority (shout out), an STN49 News crew member, and the HerCampus UD Cuties/Celebs editor.  Meg is an aspiring Veronica Corningstone/ Olivia Pope and loves meeting new people, daging, and dancing even though she can't!  Always a great day to be a blue hen you know? xoxo gg
Amanda Schuman is a junior at the University of Delaware. She is currently majoring in communications with a concentration in mass media and double minoring in journalism and interactive media. Amanda is passionate about all things communications whether it's social media, public relations, writing or just networking. In her free time she can be found watching sit-coms on Netflix, with a book in hand or eating anything sweet. You can follow her @bluehen_amanda