Barista Approved Starbucks Mixers For Every Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

As of now, I’ve been a barista for a year and a half. I’ve tried all of the drinks, eaten hundreds of asiago bagels and have consumed enough espresso that caffeine no longer has any effect on me. Although I find myself growing sick of my job every day, the perks are not so horrible. Friday night closing has become my favorite shift for one reason; I can take home whatever drink I want to turn into a mixer later. Here are some of the creations that I’m most proud of that you should definitely give a try on your next coffee run!

Spring

Sweetened passion tea lemonade with vodka

It’s the fruit punch that Starbucks tries to pass off as tea that we all know and love…just with a little kick. Ask for your passion tea lemonade with raspberry or peach sweetener if you’re feeling daring. Then, head on off to your pregame and slip a shot or three of your favorite cheap vodka into your venti cup — we all know grande just won’t cut it.

Summer

Lime refresher and tequila

This is a staple for my summertime beach blackouts. It straight up tastes like a margarita. If you’re feeling up to it, ask your barista to line the rim with a bit of that sugary salt that we put on salted caramel mochas. They’ll hate you for it, but it’s totally worth it for the virtual trip to the Bahamas that this drink gives you.

Fall

Pumpkin spice latte and Bailey’s

The best way to raise your BAC is by drinking a PSL. Order this fall staple if you’re feeling basic then “spice” it up with a splash of Bailey’s. Pumpkin Spice Lattes without Bailey’s are like jack o’lanterns without candles — wrong. Make your Halloween more fun or add a little conversation to your family’s Thanksgiving dinner with this Starbucks must have.

Winter

Peppermint white hot chocolate and Kahlua

One of my coworkers once described a peppermint white hot chocolate as “Santa Clause in a cup”, so bring out Santa’s naughty side with a hearty amount of Kahlua thrown in there. We all know the real reason Rudolph’s nose shined was because he had a cup of this before driving Santa’s sleigh. So give your Christmas a little more cheer or make your “eight crazy nights” of Hanukkah a little more wild with this grown up gift. This drink will probably land you on the naughty list, but you’ll feel nice drinking it.

All of these drinks are barista approved. Happy sipping.

Kaylee is the former President and Editor in Chief for Her Campus at the University of Delaware. She held this title from 2017-2020 and wrote for Penn State's chapter as a contributor prior to this. Now a proud UD class of 2020 alum (B.A. in Public Policy and Writing), Kaylee is completing her Masters in Public Health. Aside from writing, Kaylee was involved in many activities as an undergrad. She wrote for three college publications, was a Blue Hen Ambassador tour guide, worked as a Starbucks barista, and was the Director of Operations for the Model United Nations at UD.