5 Reasons Your Mom is Actually the Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

1. She is your go-to gal for literally anything.

And I mean anything. She is only a phone call away for a reason. She will be the one person there for you for the rest of your life that will listen to you and actually feel and understand what you are going through. You can call her on your worst day and she will give you the greatest advice and make you feel better in a second. Even a call for the silliest thing will be greatly appreciated.

2. She is your rock.

No one could’ve raised you better than her. Having to see her every day after high school was probably a pain sometimes, especially when she bombarded you with questions about where you were going that weekend and who you were with, but let’s face it. You enjoyed seeing her face every day. Finally seeing her face after weeks apart is one of the best things to come home to.

3. Her home cooked meals.

There is honestly nothing like your mom’s cooking. Being at college, healthy eating is extremely difficult and having to eat at dining halls will definitely help you gain the freshman 15 (which is totally a real thing). The holidays are always most exciting because you can look forward to going home and eating real food, and a lot of it!

4. She pushes you to do your best.

After getting an exam back that you thought you did well on, she’s on the other end of the phone still telling you how great you are and how one grade doesn’t affect your worth. She knows everything you are a capable of and how great you actually are, no matter what the grade is.

5. Last but not least, she is your number one fan.
There is no other person out there who loves you as much as she does. All she wants is for you to be happy and for you to love yourself. She will always be on your side no matter what and keep cheering you on.

University of Delaware 2018
Amanda Schuman is a junior at the University of Delaware. She is currently majoring in communications with a concentration in mass media and double minoring in journalism and interactive media. Amanda is passionate about all things communications whether it's social media, public relations, writing or just networking. In her free time she can be found watching sit-coms on Netflix, with a book in hand or eating anything sweet. You can follow her @bluehen_amanda