4 Biggest Back to School Trends of 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

A new school year, new classes, and new friends- calls for a new wardrobe. It’s time to restock your closets with this year’s trendiest back to school looks, (aka this year’s trendiest dage season looks, because let’s just be real- you’re wearing gym clothes to class and not actually going to the gym)

Denim Everything

Yes, denim has always been in style, but now we’re talking denim skirts, denim overalls, denim tops, full on denim outfits- denim is more prominent than ever. For those early morning classes, or days where you’ve slept through the alarm, denim overalls are cute and easy to throw on. For a more dressed up look, denim skirts are more in style than ever. Pair it with a casual top to dress down for a dage, or dress a skirt up with heels and accessories to wear out at night!

The Casual Shoe

#Tbt to Birkenstocks and Adidas. I never hopped on the trend in middle school and now, I’m ready. Lately I’ve noticed that these shoes have become more and more popular in these past months, as casual and sporty shoes have taken prominence. What better shoe to slip on before class than a pair of Birkenstocks? Equally comfortable, and also making a comeback is a pair of Adidas- yes, those sneakers you so desperately wanted back in 4th grade after watching Natasha Bedingfield’s “These Words” music video… Get ready to break these out instead of the classic pair of Converse in these next coming months. Both pairs of these shoes are available at Urban Outfitters!

70s Style

It’s about time we distance ourselves from the classic skinny jean and let the flared jean make its return. This season, the 70’s trends are back in style. Suede is more popular than ever on the runways, just as flared jeans take their much deserved spotlight.

All Yellow

Yellow is the new black, am I right? Come back to school with a casual and flouncy, yellow day dress paired with a nice tan, or a two piece set for a night out on Main Street. It may be September when we come back but we’re not letting those darker fall colors take over just yet…Embrace the yellow.

Interpersonal communications major and advertising minor, member of the Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority, transfer student from Lafayette College but now loving the University of Delaware!
Amanda Schuman is a junior at the University of Delaware. She is currently majoring in communications with a concentration in mass media and double minoring in journalism and interactive media. Amanda is passionate about all things communications whether it's social media, public relations, writing or just networking. In her free time she can be found watching sit-coms on Netflix, with a book in hand or eating anything sweet. You can follow her @bluehen_amanda