A Gal’s Guide to Gifting ( To Yourself!) This Holiday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Have you ever felt personally victimized by Valentine’s Day? The holiday definitely has that effect on single ladies, because to us, it’s just another day. Whether you’re spending the night inside with your friends, avoiding Storrs Center restaurants, or home with your pets (channeling your inner Taylor with Meredith and Olivia, obviously), there’s still a way to celebrate!

But this Valentine’s Day, why not indulge in yourself or in your closet? I have five inspired gifts to “gift” to yourself this holiday.

Make-up palettes

Find your favorite shades and play around! This chocolate bar palette actually smells like chocolate, so you won’t need a red box of treats this season.

Candles

If your housing allows candles, purchase a few of your favorite aromas to have in your kitchen, living space and bedroom.

Jewelry

Have a piece in mind that you’ve been eyeing? Splurge this time around and treat yourself to some gems. While your friends are showing off their new pieces, you’ll be happy you treated yourself to exactly what you wanted. Check out www.francescas.com‘s Valentine’s Day-inspired sale!

Pink Moscato or Rose Wine

Why not settle in on the 14th and share a pink-inspired bottle of wine with your closest friends? The pink color and sweetness will surely bring a smile to their faces. Tie a red ribbon to the neck for extra festivity.