Sam Harris

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

This week our Campus Celeb is sophomore Sam Harris. Sam is a journalism major here at the University, but she does much more than just school. She is involved in numerous organizations on and off of campus, including an international organization that gave her the opportunity to go to Thailand! It’s her involvement and leadership that made her our Celebrity.

Sam has been writing for The Odyssey, a local newspaper for the Greek system, since the beginning of August. She has had such success that she has been chosen to take over Editor-in-Chief next semester! If you’d like to read some of her articles follow this link. http://theodysseyonline.com/author/samantha-harris

She is also a part of the Arkansas Alumni Association. As a part of this association, Sam is the Senior Walk Intern. In the Arkansas Alumni magazine, she writes the class notes that appear in the back.

In the summer of 2014, Sam got the opportunity to go to Thailand as a part of an International Student Volunteer Organization. She stayed in Thailand for a month, helping with community development and childcare. Sam even got to care for elephants that had been rescued from abuse and poaching.

On top of all of that, Sam is a member of Zeta Tau Alpha. She also is a volunteer at the Fayetteville Animal Services shelter.

Jordan is from a small town called Coppell, Texas, but has moved to Fayetteville to attend college. She is the Editor-In-Chief and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Arkansas. She is a junior at the University of Arkansas, who is majoring in Journalism (with an AD/PR emphasis) and minoring in Communications. Her interests include E! network, everything Kardashians and cats.