I Cried In A Movie Theatre: American Sniper Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

American Sniper, the story of Chris Kyle, is one powerful film. For those who haven’t heard, here’s a synopsis of the film: A Navy SEAL is sent on four tours and makes it home alive. He was known as the most deadly sniper and had a confirmed 160 kills, but when he comes back home, he was killed by a veteran with PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder).

Before seeing the film, I had heard how amazing it was, and it truly was; but, that did not prepare me for the raw emotion that came along with it. Bradley Cooper was powerful, and according to Chris Kyle’s widow, Taya Kyle, he gave a bone chilling performance of her late husband. 

Throughout the film, I was holding my breath. I knew he was not going to die in battle, but the scenes were intense, they made it feel like I was there, I was on edge the whole time. The way the film was adapted from Kyle’s book was amazing. I have never had more pride for my country.

The end of the movie was the part that got me. They showed actual videos and pictures of Kyle’s funeral and there was no music when the credits rolled. The theater was silent, no one moved. All that could be heard were the sniffles and the wiping of tears.

So, I encourage everyone to go see this amazing film. Not only because it’s a spectacular film (it deserves all the Oscars), but because it shows what the men and women who are fighting for our freedom go through. It shows them on the field, it shows them at home, it shows what is going through their heads. If that doesn’t make you grateful to be an American, then I don’t know what will. It is a powerful film that I believe everyone should see. So go buy yourself a movie ticket and grab some tissues and thank God you live in the United States of America.

Rest in peace, Chris Kyle. 

http://slashposters.com/posters/movies/for-american-sniper//http://warhe…

Friend. Sister. Hog fan. Writer.