How To Keep Summer Clothes in Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

I am crazily obsessed with fall and the clothes that come along with it, but it’s a little discouraging when the weather gets chilly and you look in your closet and all you see are a bunch of tank tops and shorts. Or maybe you just really love your summer clothes and aren’t quite ready to let them go. But have no fear, keeping your summer clothes alive while dressing warm is really simple with these great tricks!

Dresses:

Sundresses and maxi dresses are staples for summer, but to dress them up for fall all you have to do is add a sweater or plaid button up on top. And if your legs might get cold, you can wear tall boots and tights underneath!

Shorts:

Shorts seem like a summer only piece of clothing, but they can actually be very fitting for fall. Just wear tights or knee highs underneath them, and sometimes shorts can go great with long blazers or coats too! This tip can also apply to skirts and rompers.

Your Fav T-shirt or Tank:

You might typically wear your favorite t-shirt or tank with shorts and sandals, but to transition that outfit to fall all you have to do is trade the shorts for jeans, the sandals for sneakers, and add a scarf and denim or plaid shirt over the top!

Anna Thrash is a sophmore at the University of Arkansas and is pursuing a major in broadcast journalism. She is member of Alpha Omicron Pi and played clarinet in the Razorback Marching Band. Anna joined the Her Campus team in 2015, and when she's not writing she loves traveling and cooking.