Catherine Festa

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

This week’s celebrity is Zeta Tau Alpha’s very own, Catherine Festa! Catherine is a sophomore from Mckinney, Texas. She is majoring in journalism here in Fayetteville and has held numerous positions in Zeta Tau Alpha, including Community Service Chair, New Member Group Leader and most recently Recruitment Assistant. Her leadership is what makes her an amazing campus celeb!

As a New Member Group Leader, Catherine was able to mentor the new members of Zeta Tau Alpha and teach them the values their new Chapter holds. She met with a group of freshmen every Wednesday to go over new information and give them any advice they needed. Freshmen in her group said Catherine “was always willing to help”, whether they had questions about ZTA or college in general.

Her newest role, Recruitment Assistant, is a position Catherine is incredibly excited about. “I’m most excited because this is such a challenging and intense task, but knowing that I get to be a big part of recruiting the future of our Zeta Chapter is pretty awesome”, Catherine said. As Recruitment Assistant, Catherine will help the Recruitment Chair lead rush practices, mentor members that haven’t been on “the other side” of the recruitment process yet and, of course, look gorgeous on the ZTA porch as potential new members come through the door during rush in Fall of 2015.

We are confident that we will see much more out of Catherine in years to come. Thanks for all that you do for our campus and good luck in your new leadership position!

Jordan is from a small town called Coppell, Texas, but has moved to Fayetteville to attend college. She is the Editor-In-Chief and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Arkansas. She is a junior at the University of Arkansas, who is majoring in Journalism (with an AD/PR emphasis) and minoring in Communications. Her interests include E! network, everything Kardashians and cats.