10 Reasons You Need “Gilmore Girls” Back in Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

In 2007, iconic television show “Gilmore Girls” quit filming new episodes indefinitely. This move left many wanting to know more about how the witty and hilarious characters of Stars Hollow ended up and the life paths they chose. But instead of just a small clip of writing on how everyone MAY have ended up, “Gilmore Girls” fans everywhere really just need Lorelai Leigh Gilmore and company back in their lives. Why, you ask? 

1.) They were straightforward, especially Lorelai. No beating around the bush here. 

2.) They taught us to NEVER be ashamed of our mother, no matter what the situation was. 

3.) They took turns teaching us new insults.

4.) They preached that pizza is a main food group.

5.) They taught us to ask the important questions in life.

6.) They knew our pain.

7.) They showed us that things could always be worse than they actually are. 

8.) They told us exactly why we all need to get up and do SOMETHING with our lives. 

9.) They knew that the answer to an altercation can sometimes be “Just Push Them in a Lake”.

10.) Most importantly, they taught us to never take our parents for granted. After all, they’re our partners in crime.

With that being said, there are many out there who will be sad if Lorelai and Rory never resurface. But even if they don’t, the Gilmore girls and their friends will always live in our hearts. 

Madison Covington is a Northwest Arkansas native and a junior at the University of Arkansas. She is studying Communications with a minor in Political Science. She loves to read books (about EVERYTHING!), watch movies, and write about stuff! Her favorite animal is a penguin and has been since year four. She believes that no matter what your dream is, you should do whatever it takes to reach it and to not give up until you're there.  "You are far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way." - Jennifer J Freeman