This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Dear Tulanians,

Sometimes, it’s dissapointing when you can’t leave for spring break and all you want to do is be with your friends, in the warm sun, on a beach. But then, you realize…you go to school in New Orleans. We are living in a 24/7 vacation spot, people! We don’t need a beach to have fun, and I’ll prove it to you. Here are 5 ideas for this week: 

1. Go hiking in Jean Lafitte National Park

Hiking seems scarce in Louisiana, considering it is composed of swamps and non existent hills. There are a few treasure spots, however, for those adventurous souls and Jean Lafitte is one of them. Enjoy a day hike or simply nature watch. The best part is, it’s free!

2. Salsa dance the night away at Eiffel Society 

Every wednesday from 6:30-11:30 is salsa night at Eiffel Society. Free salsa lessons by Liquid Rythm, Inc. go from 7:00-7:30 and the rest of the night is open to showing what you learned on the dance floor. Grab a drink, maybe some tapas too and don’t forget to bring your dancing shoes!

3. Explore the China Lights at City Park 

From February 23, 2016 through May 1, 2016 you can go see the China Lights located in the botanical garden of City Park. Tickets are $12 during the day, and $18 at night. 

4. Happy Hour

There is always a happy hour going on. This spring break, if you haven’t already, try out Bacchanal from 11:00 am-6:00 pm. 

5. When in doubt, go to the fly 

Most of you have already been to the fly, I’m guessing, but it never seems to get old. Grab a great book, some music and a football and have the best lazy day.

Enjoy your spring break!

-Emma

Her Campus Tulane